No announcement yet.

Visiting Mexico on F1 Visa (OPT)..

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Visiting Mexico on F1 Visa (OPT)..

    Hello All,

    I'm planning to drive to Mexico later in September of this year for a family gathering from Chandler, Arizona.

    Since I am on OPT, do I require any additional documents or visa to enter Mexico and return back to USA?

    My current status:

    F1 Student (OPT/EAD Card) - Working as a Full Time employee with a start up

    F1 Visa on passport: Valid until 2015 december.

    Any information on this will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (July 2nd)


      • #4
        Please make sure you have all the docs the are required from school and work place new i20 offer letter pay stubs work authorization card and visa stamp with valid dates on your passport


        • #5
          No visa required to enter Mexico since you have a valid US visa. Carry all documents that would be required if you were travelling abroad. Also, get a letter from employer stating your vacation dates and the date you will join the work back on the employer letter head. I believe no I-94 will be issued since you are driving and if you return to the US prior to 30 days.


          • #6
            Take all the port of entry related documents with you ! When you coming back you will get new I 94 at the border even you drive ! Message me if you need more details , I drove to Mexico once in 2013 !