No announcement yet.

Travelling for pilgrimage on OPT Extension

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Travelling for pilgrimage on OPT Extension

    Hi All,

    Thank you desiopt for making this a platform to ask questions. You have helped students directly or indirectly with your efforts. And THANK YOU to people take effort in answering such questions.

    I'm currently on OPT extension which would expire next year June 2015. My F1 is valid till Dec 2015. Looking forward to go for pilgramage in September-October 2014 for 15 days, out of country.

    1.What documents I might need to carry while returning to avoid any issues?
    2.Has some travelled for similar reasons on OPT extensions?
    3.I have reported my address to USCIS, living in state X, where I currently work. However, I still hold Driving license and state ID of state Y (old address). Which port of entry should I take while returning, state X or state Y?


  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (June 29th)


      • #4
        Hi ther, since you are in opt stem extension you are good to go because your visa is valid till 2015 so no problem in traveling and good that you reported your details to USCIS and lastly for travel just you require your travel i20 from your university and I recommend you to carry your employers offer letter and opt card in general . Have a wonderful trip


        • #5
          1 i20 ,passport ,opt card ,employment verifications ..