No announcement yet.

I am really tense about my situation right now,I am International undergraduate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really tense about my situation right now,I am International undergraduate

I am really tense about my situation right now,I am International undergraduate student on my F1 visa, studying computer science in TTU and completed first semester. Now I am planning to transfer my college to other city and want to change from computer science to Nursing. But I do not know anything what will happen after I complete nursing in USA on my F1 visa.Will the hospitals be able to give me jobs here ? I will have to first change my visa status right? but is it possible for a nursing student to file for OPT and then get a sponsorship/Job? whats the procedure to do this?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on January 3rd 2013

As far as I know nursing is the best to study right now as there is a high demand. And I'm pretty sure you will get a work permit if not even greencard. With that said, make sure you really do an opt year in that field (maybe do a certified nursing assistant first) as most hospitals and other such institutions require at least 6 months prior work experience

Comment

Asalamalikum Naz! Dear, why did you decide to change your major first of all? you have millions of opportunities being in the same field! and moreover if you wish to continue in Usa after studies then you'll easily get approved for H1 etc...

Comment

In general, we heard Nursing has good demand in USA but we are not aware of any statistics to support this assumption.

Also, Check with your DSO if you can continue on F1 visa and do Nursing ?

Comment

By the way ,those of you who are unaware what DSO means - they are Designated School Officials who help International Students in your university - read more from link http://www.uis.edu/internationalstud...dents/dso.html

Comment

are there many options for getting sponsorship for H1/work visa? does anyne know the statistics of getting work visa approved for Nursing students having H1

Comment

Naznin - Check below http://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/20...gory.aspx?T=OC - I couldn't find Nursing but it shows different categories and number of visas sponsored - I hopes this gives a sense of what you are looking for but not the exact answer

Comment

from what i have read, it is possible to get a job within the nursing field, of course you hve higher chances with a master, and you have a better chance of a job if you apply to small towns, or rural areas within the usa, since those hospitals are in need of qualified people, which is hard to find in smaller towns

Comment

Working...
                X