No announcement yet.

F-1 Visa Application on OPT extension and H1B pending

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • F-1 Visa Application on OPT extension and H1B pending

    Hi All,
    I am currently on OPT and I applied for OPT extension. My employer applied for my H1B, I'm planning to go back to my home country for a visit in June but I will need to apply for a visa since mine is expired. I've been told by some friends that if my H1B is selected my sevis will be valid only until September, is it safe to go back home on OPT extension in June and apply for a visa?
    Thanks a lot.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (April 19th)


      • #4
        If your OPT extension is approved you will not have any issues. Your H1B status will start from October 1st. As for visa, you should have a valid one to re-enter the USA.


        • #5
          Thanks for your reply, is it safe to apply for an F-1 visa on OPT EXT in this case?


          • #6
            If you have an approved H1b petition that might become an issue. To be frank it depends on the counselor and nobody can guarantee the outcome..


            • #7
              It depends on what basis you are in the US currently. For example, you cannot extend your stay if you entered under the Visa Waiwer program. Anyway, it's better to consult immigration lawyers and take his suggestions.

              Kendall Law Firm