Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know these questions are not related to the OPT but I can see that many students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know these questions are not related to the OPT but I can see that many students

I know these questions are not related to the OPT but I can see that many students follow your thread on facebook, so they might be able to solve my queries.

I have few queries regarding the F1 Visa. I am planning to enroll for higher studies in US.
    But I’m very much worried about the funds required to show for I-20 as well as F1 Visa. PFB my queries:
    1. If the amount shown on I-20 is US 28000$, then how much amount do I need to show while applying for F1 Visa? I have heard that I-20 only represents one year of cost for living and tuition. So one needs to show double the amount.(Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about it)
    2. What amount of the total funds(Tuition + Living) can I take from bank on loan so that my F1 visa application does not get rejected by the US Counsel? As I have heard that If the councel feels that you have taken a lot of money on loan than they reject your visa. (Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about it)

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on February 21st 2013

1. Firstly, the amount in your I-20 reflects only the amount that is needed for your survival in USA for the 1st year. This amount should be available immediately during your VISA Interview either in terms of Savings Bank Account(s) or in terms of Fixed Deposit(s). And, for the second year fees you can show that you have enough assets(property, movable assets) and your parents Income Returns.
    2. There are certain banks which offer 100% loan to students(HDFC Credila), I don' think it matters a lot during your VI. Your overall presentation to the Visa Officer matters. Overall refers to your previous academics performance, GRE, TOEFL scores, Universities you have applied for, No. of Admits, no. of rejects, funding, Why that particular Univ? Why MS?. BE CONFIDENT!! That's what matters a lot. Get back to me if you have any other queries. All the best!

Comment

So is it like if we do a CPT/internship during second sem onwards, GCIH exam questions - testking
      will those months get counted as we were working and get it cancelled out from the OPT period of 12 months which we were granted to do after graduation???

Comment

Working...
      X