No announcement yet.

cancellation of i 20

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cancellation of i 20

    Am a f-1 student,i got visa in June 2013 for southeast Missouri state university my background is i was given admit in chemistry dept.i got f in two of my prerequisites and they said i cant retake the courses and that they will suspend me.In order to stay in my univ in same dept or another dept in same univ i need write an appeal letter to the head of dept and the dean of the graduate school or apply as a fresh graduation student after my final official grades are out.i got a mail from my international advisory saying to apply for other univ meanwhile i get my official grades.its high time for spring that i get admit in any of the universities.please suggest me i need help asap.i need any possibilities to maintain my visa status

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      when they gonna suspend you ?? remember you will not have 60 day grace period ..


      • #4
        There are some univ in US which can give you admission in Jan first week to apply in some or the other program


        • #5
          They cannot suspend you till your official results are posted. Once its posted write to Dean and try to get an approval. If they suspend you in the mean time get your sevis activated by going out of country.


          • #6
            Meanwhile get an admission in any university . Any uni is fine .once your grades are out they will give you notice time to transfer your SEVIS to other university. If they didn't give you notice you can legally proceed. Some uni will give you admission now also . So pick one like this don't worry about uni rank etc . Once you settle you can move to good uni . First your status is important ..


            • #7
              I just see the reason why yu get f( from ur post). Start applying for new uni ASAP. Meanwhile yu can look into English schools to maintain ur servis and i20