No announcement yet.

Question about F-1 Visa interview for international students

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about F-1 Visa interview for international students

    I was admitted to a 2-year MS program. I have several questions about the F-1 Visa interview to study in the US.

    Finance related:

    Do I have to show 2x the amount written in the Form i20? Would I get away with showing say 1.8x?

    I have read that I should show 6 months worth of bank statements. Is this necessary or will 1 recent one be sufficient?

    If my parents are willing to support me, do I have to have them write and sign a letter of support to show to the Consular Officer? Or are recent bank statements from my parents' bank accounts sufficient? If the former, is there a standardized template?

    Do I need to show 6 months worth of bank statements from my parents, if they are supporting me, or will 1 recent one be sufficient?

    Is it necessary to show tax returns, and for how many years?

    Do my financial statements need to show the amount in USD? Or can I show the amount in my home country's currency? If the latter, what do I need to prove to the Consular Officer what the exchange rates are?

    Proof of non-immigrant intent:

    7. Is "my family all reside in my home country" a sufficient explanation to prove non-immigrant intent?

    8. What "proof" do I need to convince the Consular Officer that I don't intend to immigrate the United States? I don't own any major assets such as property, or investments. The main asset I have is my savings account. I don't have a guarantee of employment in my home country after I graduate.

    If anyone has been through it, any input is appreciated.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator. Once reviewed it would be posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours, else we would ask for more information.

    JOBS-Explore 25K+ OPT/CPT/Other Jobs at
    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT
    NEWSLETTER: Subscribe at
    ATTORNEY: For FREE Immigration advise call attorneys.Find information at