No announcement yet.

Out of Status and Country- Can I join another school with existing F1 Visa or should

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Out of Status and Country- Can I join another school with existing F1 Visa or should

    F1 Visa or should I go for New Stamping?

    Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at

    Hi. My F1 stamp is valid until 2016. Recently my OPT Term got over and I had to visit back home for some work but right now I want to come back and I am out of status. So planning to join college. My concerns are -

    1) can I just take an I20 from some college and I94 at port of entry and reenter again or I have visit embassy again get a new stamp??

    2) If I am wrong, what would the procedure?

    3) what all documents required?

    4) will it be any issues ?

    I highly appriciate for your time and patience!! will be waiting for your response. Thanks

    This was posted on on 8th Sept 2013

  • #2
    Please call attorneys listed on for free advice, there are 5 attorney banners on the right side of home page F1 OPT Jobs, CPT, Citizen and H1B Jobs
    F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students

    DesiOPT - F1 visa students find OPT Jobs (Optional Practical Training), CPT Jobs, H1B Jobs – OPT Students looking for jobs can find OPT employers who can sponsor H1b, CPT internship jobs, OPT CPT training or part-time OPT CPT jobs. Employers can find OPT students, CPT candidates and F1 visa student'...


    • #3
      I am looking for an answer on the same. Pls post a reply


      • #4
        No need for the VISA interview.. You can use the valid F1 VISA. Select a good Univ and get the i20 , just come down with a new SEVIS. It wont be a problem but choose a different masters program.


        • #5
          i think you need to get new visa stamp because visa will have university name in it. so if you want to join a different university you should have new visa. if you are planning to join the same university, then you have to ask them & they will guide you.