Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of Status and Country- Can I join another school with existing F1 Visa or should

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Status and Country- Can I join another school with existing F1 Visa or should

F1 Visa or should I go for New Stamping?

Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at http://bit.ly/1da2vrz

Hi. My F1 stamp is valid until 2016. Recently my OPT Term got over and I had to visit back home for some work but right now I want to come back and I am out of status. So planning to join college. My concerns are -

1) can I just take an I20 from some college and I94 at port of entry and reenter again or I have visit embassy again get a new stamp??

2) If I am wrong, what would the procedure?

3) what all documents required?

4) will it be any issues ?

I highly appriciate for your time and patience!! will be waiting for your response. Thanks

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on 8th Sept 2013

Please call attorneys listed on www.DesiOPT.com for free advice, there are 5 attorney banners on the right side of home page

DesiOPT.com F1 OPT Jobs, CPT, Citizen and H1B Jobs
    www.desiopt.com
    DesiOPT - F1 visa students find OPT Jobs (Optional Practical Training), CPT Jobs, H1B Jobs – OPT Students looking for jobs can find OPT employers who can sponsor H1b, CPT internship jobs, OPT CPT training or part-time OPT CPT jobs. Employers can find OPT students, CPT candidates and F1 visa student'...

Comment

I am looking for an answer on the same. Pls post a reply

Comment

No need for the VISA interview.. You can use the valid F1 VISA. Select a good Univ and get the i20 , just come down with a new SEVIS. It wont be a problem but choose a different masters program.

Comment

i think you need to get new visa stamp because visa will have university name in it. so if you want to join a different university you should have new visa. if you are planning to join the same university, then you have to ask them & they will guide you.

Comment

Working...
          X