This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel to india when on F1 with CPT

i will be joining Goldey beacom college and i want to know if someone has travelled to India without any problem.
    Is it safe to travel on F1 and when you have your CPT also from day one. Please i need help in this regard, i really want to Visit India.

I came to USA to a state university in the year 2010 for my bachelors and then i changed my university in 2012 to a small normal university and i want to travel to India this December.

Is it Risky to travel to India.

Comment

You can thats not a problem at all. Make sure that you can work from home from the company...Is it for holidays are in the middle of the semester?

Comment

What about travel to India on CPT approved and have your H1B approved (as a consular processing case)both of which are yet to start ?

Comment

has anybody travelled without any issue, since while getting the admissions, GRE and TOFEL are not considered. Is that an issue?

Comment

Hi,i m h4 visa.i m planning to join Goldey beacom college for Fall 2.how is the this college.do u get f1 easily.and also do u get h1 sponsor after graduating from this college.plz do reply

Comment

hi, i am also joining the aug 24 session, F1 can be recieved in 2- 4 months so may be you want to apply now and get the F1 visa till the time you plan to join the college. and about the H1 , you have to find a job and sponsor for you H1, it has nothing to do with the college.

Comment

Getting F1 is very tough if u r on h4. This is not a University. A simple (community type) college.I can be sure a lot of friends of mine (either for secomd stamping or first stampimg or change of status) got denied ..

Comment

Unless u have an employer already to sponsor you - NO

Comment

Hi.i m planning 2 join Goldey beacom for fall 2.i met one of admission rep of dis college .She said if u do more CPT like full time u will nt get ur OPT.Initially i thought we get full time CPT for 12 mnths after 2 semesters and 12 mnths OpT.So atleast we have 2 years to find an h1 sponsor.Bt its nt dat wid collage.
                    Also my concern is stamping of f1 visa when i go 2 india.converting into here is easy bt when u go 4 stamping u can get rejected.specially dis college

Comment

Hi,did u complete ur studies from dis college.how many mnths CPT do u get.how ws ur exp with dis college

Comment

Hello. I am also studying in goldey beacom college and working on cpt. I am planning to go to India for f1 stamping. If somewhere has already done this can they please share their experiences. Also can someone tell what are the changes of getting it accepted or rejected? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ankz View Post
                          Hello. I am also studying in goldey beacom college and working on cpt. I am planning to go to India for f1 stamping. If somewhere has already done this can they please share their experiences. Also can someone tell what are the changes of getting it accepted or rejected? Thanks.
                          Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall within 12 hours-Oct 1st

*Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at http://bit.ly/1da2vrz
                          If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps

1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
                          2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
                          3. If you can't find the link, refer http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php for details

Comment

What type of question is this? F1-opt (which is technically f1 too) so why stamping?

Comment

Not good chance ! Try your best to avoid stamping ! Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                              X