No announcement yet.

Cpt - payroll issue

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cpt - payroll issue


    I have a problem,

    Actually i am working as an Intern in a company, my actual work authorization period is from Aug 28th 2014. But today i received a paycheck and the pay period is from Aug 1 st to Aug 31st.

    my question is : 1. is that pay from the Aug 1 st, when i checked my employer, they said that they dont have the option to change the specified dates.

    2. If case, it is from Aug 28th .... then how would they pay 1000 dollars for two days ( only 28th and 29th) ?

    3. As i am on CPT, is this gonna create a serious problem ? If so whom would i need to contact ?

    4. Is there any way to solve this problem ?

    please help, i am really worried about this ..... please help me out.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information

    is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Sept 18th)


      • #4
        Once the payroll is run, you cannot do anything.. But its not a problem because you can omit the paycheck if requested by USCIS in the future.. If you want to receive $1000 in 2 days then take a 1099 meaning no taxes ..They directly will transfer the money to the account and year end they will give you a 1099 MISC form..


        • #5
          U need to get your paycheck dates changed. I have worked on payroll and what your employer is saying, is nothing but to save there money from the payroll companies! It can be changed. If u dont get it changed, it will be a problem incase someday sone query comes!


          • #6
            It is fine .. Not a problem .. U can say u got that money as starting bonus .. If it include hrs u might need to take a letter from u r employer as it was starting bonus ..