Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi..i am a Master's Student in Computer Science working as a TA at my university and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    WTDs - Well, that depends.

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    yr counselor maybe wrong or maybe you didn't understand it. There is always a Co-education program in school where you can work while taking a 2 units class. To enroll in this program, you have to take CPT. If the degree doesn't require job experience for graduation, you can still take CPT.

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    Yes you have to

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    I also have a question about CPT. My advisor in the international office said if the degree program does not require me to finish the internship even though I got a job treated to my major I could not apply for CPT

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    replied
    If you are in Valid F1 status for at least one academic year, you can request for CPT. As per USCIS an F-1 nonimmigrant student may begin Curricular Practical Training after the Designated School Official has completed the Form I-20 endorsement page.
    Hence fist step would be to Contact your DSO for CPT request form.

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    replied
    Thanks Paul and Afshan.

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    you will have to leave your TA job and start work on CPT once its approved. The CPT approval could take a week also depending from university to university...

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    you can't work unless your CPT is approved. You need to apply for CPT at your university and get it approved before you start your work. I think it takes only 3 days for the process

Leave a comment:

• hi..i am a Master's Student in Computer Science working as a TA at my university and

hi..i am a Master's Student in Computer Science working as a TA at my university and am eligible for CPT. I am undergoing Java Training with a consultancy currently and will hopefully be placed in coming 2-3 weeks. I'll be sharing my SSN with the consultant to get my salary from the consultant My question is do i need to legally file for CPT at my university?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on January 29th 2013
Working...
X