[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B]What is F1 Student Visa?[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#252525]
[FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=#0000cd]OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ employers [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=#252525][FONT=arial][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]The F-1 Visa allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program. You must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate and your school must be authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#252525][FONT=arial][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B][SIZE=3]Employment for F1 Students[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#252525][FONT=arial][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]
F-1 students may not work off-campus during the first academic year, but may accept on-campus employment subject to certain conditions and restrictions. F-1 students may engage in three types of off-campus employment, after they have been studying for one academic year. These three types of employment are:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[LIST][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Curricular Practical Training (CPT)[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Optional Practical Training (OPT) (pre-completion or post-completion)[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Optional Practical Training Extension (OPT)[/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]

[B][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]What is CPT?[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Curricular practical training is defined to be alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum that is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school.
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Criteria to Apply for CPT[/FONT][/SIZE]
[LIST][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]F1 student must be enrolled for one full academic year[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Job offer must be in your area of study[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]A request for Authorization for Curricular Practical Training must be made to the DSO[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]CPT can only start after I-20 form is being endorsed by DSO
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B]What is OPT?[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Optional Practical Training (OPT) is a type of work experience that an F-1 student can generally gather through a temporary employment.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[LIST][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]The employment or the work is often related to the subjects of study or the academic program of the students. As per the rule,[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]A student can receive maximum 12 months of hands-on practical experience for each degree level (Bachelor, Masters, Doctorate) (Additional 17 months for STEM degree holders). However, a student is free to undergo this practical training either during the studies or after the completion of his or her studies.

[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B]Types of OPT[/B]
Two Types of OPT are available for International F1 Visa Students:
[FONT=comic sans ms][B][SIZE=3]Pre-Completion OPT[/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][LIST][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Pre-Completion OPT occurs before the I-20 program end date.[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]F-1 student can be eligible when he or she has already enrolled for full one year of his or her academic course.[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]While school is in session students taking part in pre-completion OPT need to choose part-time work that must be related to their principal area of study.[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]When the school is not in session, students can work full-time as well.[/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]

[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B][SIZE=3]Post-completion OPT[/SIZE][/B]
[LIST][*]Once an F-1 student completes his or her studies, he or she may choose post-completion OPT.[*]Post-completion OPT should be directly related to the student’s area of study.[*]Pre- or Post-completion OPT can be started only after an application has been approved by USCIS and an EAD has been issued.[*]All periods of Pre-Completion OPT are deducted from available Post-Completion OPT.[/LIST]
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B]Can I do Online Masters? Will I be considered on F1 Status?
Instructional Site for F1 Students:[/B] For F1 student to maintain nonimmigrant status,SEVP must know physical location at which an F1 student receive instruction. SEVP introduced the term "instructional site".[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]An instructional site is any physical location where schools provide instruction or training under the school's governance. More: http://1.usa.gov/1lIOIxG
[COLOR=#252525][FONT=arial][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B]Criteria for Entering United States on F1 Visa[/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#252525][FONT=arial][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]You may enter in the F-1 visa category provided you meet the following criteria:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[LIST][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]You must be enrolled in an "academic" educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Your school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]You must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]You must maintain a residence abroad which he/she has no intention of giving up.[/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]
[COLOR=#252525][FONT=arial][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]
Find SEVP Cerified school
SEVP Certified school List
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]How to Navigate the U.S. Immigration System for Students
Study in US: How to apply to U.S. colleges and universities?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]
[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]More: [/FONT][/SIZE]http://1.usa.gov/1pmRYk2[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]
[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=comic sans ms][B][COLOR=#0000cd]OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ employers [/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]