Thread: I'm on F1 OPT which is about to expire in July 2018

I'm on F1 OPT which is about to expire in July 2018

Currently I'm on F1 OPT which is about to expire in July 2018 and I cannot extend it further. In 2 -3 weeks’ time my husband's new company is planning to apply for H1B transfer in premium. If I send my F1 to H4 COS and H4 ead application with future date say from August what are the chances of my applications also being processed in premium?

Will both my applications be approved at the same time? I would like to maintain continuity in my current employment. Is it safe to put a future date or should I go with current date? Recently have you noticed any such cases? Please advise me in this regard.

Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1/posts/2042262042457821 13th feb - Please review comments from other users

If your COS application is filed together with the H-1B change of employer petition, USCIS may process under premium processing. It needs to be understood that USCIS is not mandated to process your COS application under premium processing.