Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Question : H4 EAD to F1 Visa

  1. #1

    Question : H4 EAD to F1 Visa

    Currently I am on H4 visa and already got the EAD. I am studying full time here, and the end date of my course is end of May 2018.
    I am planning to convert my H4 visa to F1 because of some serious news about removal of H4-EAD.
    However, I was wondering how to satisfy visa office in case he/she asks me the question - "Why do you want to change it F1 when you always can study on H4 and why do you need OPT when you have EAD?"

  2. #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours.

    SEARCH: Your question might be answered earlier, search previous post at

    ATTORNEY: In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

    Please let us know your feedback after the call.

    JOBS: review FAQ number 5 & 8 at

    NEWSLETTER: *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at *** Classified portal exclusive for F1 Students

    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT

    INVITE FRIENDS: Feel this community useful, then invite your friends by following below steps

    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

  3. #3
    Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at 11th Jan - Please review comments from other users

  4. #4
    with f1, you can work on campus and off campus on CPT and after 12 months of OPT, you can get STEM extension if u r in a stem field and with this stem, you can apply for 24 months of extension also...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts