Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Sent EIN number instead of E-verify number

  1. #1

    Sent EIN number instead of E-verify number

    Hi I applied for stem Opt extension in dec 2017 I receive mail from uscis on dec 18 2017. My first year Opt expired on Jan 26, 2017. I did not receive any RFE until now. When I check my status online it's showing case was received on 18 dec 2017. But yesterday (12/27/2017)I find out that in my i765 form by mistake I put employers identification number(EIN) instead of company's e-verify number. Now I am confused what should I do. Please help me out in this scenario. Should I wait for any response from uscis or I should call them.

  2. #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours.

    SEARCH: Your question might be answered earlier, search previous post at

    ATTORNEY: In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

    Please let us know your feedback after the call.

    JOBS: review FAQ number 5 & 8 at

    NEWSLETTER: *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at *** Classified portal exclusive for F1 Students

    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT

    INVITE FRIENDS: Feel this community useful, then invite your friends by following below steps

    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

  3. #3
    Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at 29th Dec - Please review comments from other users

  4. #4
    It’s easy and simple fix. You can fix it in 3 ways.
    - You can make those changes online in uscis website
    - You can call to uscis and let them know about this changes
    - You can also visit local uscis office and do the same

  5. #5

    I applied for OPT STEM Extension by 20th Feb 2018. It's still pending. Just realized that I entered EIN instead of E-Verify identification number. Contacted USCIS today and they asked to write a letter explaining the mistake along with the correct information and send it to them with supporting documents.

    1. In this case, should I send them a new I-765 form?
    2. What additional supporting document should I submit along with the letter?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts