Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Questions for transfer from H1B to F1

  1. #1

    Questions for transfer from H1B to F1

    Does anyone have answer for my situation? Thanks so much for your help.

    I have a pending change of status from h1b to F1. My H1B expires at 12/31/2017. My school A will begins at 01/16/2018. The case has been received for ten weeks.

    Question 1: I have received admission from another school B. I change my mind. I want to go to school B. How do I process this? Can I directly contact USCIS to change school for my case? Do I need to withdraw the current case and submit a new case for school B?

    Question 2: If school begins and my change of status is still pending, can I go to the school with pending change of status?

    Question 3: If I do not do anything with my current case (change of status for school A) and my case is still pending after school A begins, can I go to school B and transfer my I-20 form when my change of status is approved?

  2. #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours.

    SEARCH: Your question might be answered earlier, search previous post at

    ATTORNEY: In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

    Please let us know your feedback after the call.

    JOBS: review FAQ number 5 & 8 at

    NEWSLETTER: *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at *** Classified portal exclusive for F1 Students

    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT

    INVITE FRIENDS: Feel this community useful, then invite your friends by following below steps

    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

  3. #3
    Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at 2nd Nov - Please review comments from other users

  4. #4
    Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at 14th Nov - Please review comments from other users

  5. #5
    Better to stay school A until you status changes to F1 after than you can transfer any school no need to contact uscis get i20 from school B transfer after one semester

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts