Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: No CPT/OPT/H1B, need help..

  1. #1

    No CPT/OPT/H1B, need help..


    I did my MCS from xyz university, woked on OPT for an year, could not extend my OPT for some reasons.
    Joined 2nd masters (MITM) at same xyz univerisity, took CPT and worked for an year.

    Now, I dont have H1b, F1 is gonna expire july 2018.

    1> What should I do at this time to get another CPT, so that I can apply for h1B again?
    2> Should I join a new day 1 CPT university? if so can I transfer my credits or start a new?
    3> What If I want to go to India for a visit?

    Suggestions/Help would greatly be appreciated.


  2. #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours.

    SEARCH: Your question might be answered earlier, search previous post at

    ATTORNEY: In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

    Please let us know your feedback after the call.

    JOBS: review FAQ number 5 & 8 at

    NEWSLETTER: *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at *** Classified portal exclusive for F1 Students

    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT

    INVITE FRIENDS: Feel this community useful, then invite your friends by following below steps

    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

  3. #3
    Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at 30th Oct - Please review comments from other users

  4. #4
    You can do cpt for 24months.. talk to your dso for more information on how to process it

  5. #5
    Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at 12th Nov- Please review comments from other users

  6. #6
    If u have a job and you want to continue working, then join day 1 cpt univ and keep working. Travelling to india on a univ with day 1 cpt is a bit risky but possible. If you don't have a job, you would still need to maintain f1 status. In that case, you can keep continuing studies at the same univ and travel to india.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts