Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can F2 visa holder apply for CPT

  1. #1

    Can F2 visa holder apply for CPT

    I am currently on F2 visa having 3 years of work experience back in India. Please help me answering following questions.
    1) Is it possible to apply for Day1 cpt universities and work parallely? If so,Please suggest me some good universities.
    2) While on CPT, Is it safe to travel to India on emergency situations ?
    3) Can H1 be applied while on CPT next year? In case of RFE's, will it cause any issue?

    I request to please share your experiences/suggestions for any of these questions.It would be of great help.
    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours.

    SEARCH: Your question might be answered earlier, search previous post at

    ATTORNEY: In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly

    via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

    Please let us know your feedback after the call.

    JOBS: review FAQ number 5 & 8 at

    NEWSLETTER: *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at *** Classified portal exclusive for F1 Students

    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT

    INVITE FRIENDS: Feel this community useful, then invite your friends by following below steps

    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

  3. #3
    Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at 15th Aug - Please review comments from other users

  4. #4
    Hello! Please look at the following answers for your questions
    1) you can apply to day 1 cpt universities and join the university but you will not be able to work unless you change your visa status to f1. There are 2 ways to do that
    a) apply for a change of status and send the application to uscis (it will usually take 7-9 months for approval)
    b) go to India and get an f1 visa
    Harrisburg university is the one that I heard about the most
    2) if you are on f1 and cpt you can travel to India on cpt!
    3) you can apply h1 next year and it won't be a problem if you have perfect documentation and masters related work
    Hope I answered your questions

  5. #5
    short and sweet answer NO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts