Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entered EIN NUMBER instead of E verify number in I-765 form

Quote Originally Posted by ssrin View Post
    Hi,

I applied for OPT STEM Extension by 20th Feb 2018. It's still pending. Just realized that I entered EIN instead of E-Verify identification number. Contacted USCIS today and they asked to write a letter explaining the mistake along with the correct information and send it to them with supporting documents.

1. In this case, should I send them a new I-765 form?
    2. What additional supporting document should I submit along with the letter?

Thanks.
    Hi,

I have done the same mistake. Please let me know hat all the documents we need to submit to correct.

Regards,
    Swathi

Quote Originally Posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
    You will get a RFE, provide all the details with screen shot if possible and a letter detailing that it's a mistake. They will consider it. I had experienced the same issue before and got it approved. The only downside is extra processing time.
    COuld you please tel me screenshot of which one??

Hi,

I applied for OPT STEM Extension by 20th Feb 2018. It's still pending. Just realized that I entered EIN instead of E-Verify identification number. Contacted USCIS today and they asked to write a letter explaining the mistake along with the correct information and send it to them with supporting documents.

Thanks.

So finally what did you do? Anything on this?

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hay,
    I am in the same problem,
    What documents did you send and can you please share the letter you sent to USICS.
    Email: pooja.bn25@gmail.com
    Thanks!

E-Verify - EIN problem rectified for me !

Quote Originally Posted by poojabn25 View Post
    Hay,
    I am in the same problem,
    What documents did you send and can you please share the letter you sent to USICS.
    Email: pooja.bn25@gmail.com
    Thanks!
    What i did is :

Feb 15th 2018: I consulted my DSO. They asked me to check the required set of documents with USCIS. USCIS asked me to submit a letter explaining the mistake and attach supporting documents. The documents I sent to USCIS are :

1. Covering letter explaining my mistake(wrote the right E-verify # in it)
    2. New I-765 form
    3. Previous receipt notice
    4. E-verify page login with company details (Got it from HR)

I titled the package as " Correspondence documents for receipt number YSC # " and sent to Potomac service center. All these documents were received by them on March 15,2018 when my case was pending for 30 days. After 85 days from initial receipt notice, I got my EAD approved. Yet to receive my card though.

Did anyone got approval without rfe?

Quote Originally Posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
    You could get an RFE,I did the same mistake and still got the extension.
    I wrote EIN number instead of e-verify and I am planning to change employer. I was wondering if anyone got approval without RFE for entering EIN number instead of E-verify?

I can afford RFE as it creates confusion with my change of employment.