Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which Universities allow CPT from Day 1? Readers please share your experience

Regarding the Farmington University, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by ShopAkash96 View Post
    I just transferred to Farmington University in Michigan and they approved me for CPT right away.my advisor said it wouldn't be a problem.
    Did you have any problems in visa status or in permits after the approval of CPT. If you have visited other countries during the CPT period and while coming back did you faced any problem during your return at US immigration? Please share your experience about the university whether it is good?

Look at you all, trying to find ways to manipulate the immigration system. YOU and I know that you shouldn't be working on CPT in your first semester. Yes you will get through but when you go for that extended H1B or even GC visa, you will end up in problems. I can assure you, you've been warned.

Is there any university near Dallas, Texas that offers CPT from day 1? If not can I enroll in some university in other state and still work in Dallas?

I am currently in SF and was looking for the option of ITU in San Jose. few questions i have for as below:-

I have an MS form Northeastern University, Boston so, do I need a valid GRE/GMAT score?
    Will i be able to get CPT from Day1?
    Also my VISA is expiring this June so will the university help send me the I-797 and do i have to get a new F-1 VISA?

Looking day 1 cpt accredited university in or near north Carolina, Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by megha23dec View Post
    Hey Jyoti- Any luck ? I am Also looking same... I found few in VA............... Thank you.. Megha B.
    hi, which university did you opted last year, my company refused H1b but need work authorization to continue on the current job. I am in charlotte north Carolina.Please guide. My OPT expires on June 24 2018, Do I need to personally visit the university and is there any university that starts semester from June month. What is the status of Sullivan univesity in kentucky providing executive mba? Please guide in a very difficult situation

Quote Originally Posted by rajatgarg71 View Post
    hi, which university did you opted last year, my company refused H1b but need work authorization to continue on the current job. I am in charlotte north Carolina.Please guide. My OPT expires on June 24 2018, Do I need to personally visit the university and is there any university that starts semester from June month. What is the status of Sullivan univesity in kentucky providing executive mba? Please guide in a very difficult situation
    Hi Raja,

You can look for cumberland univ in KY. U can register for Summer go check there website, U can get day 1 cpt with them.
    U can also check Harrisburg Univ, PA

Hello their,

Looks like we are in same boat. Did you find any Day 1 CPT university in Seattle or Washington???

@Ravishah - What is the university in Boston for Computer Systems with day one CPT ? Please let me know, I'm looking for on in and around MA

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul123 View Post
    @Ravishah - What is the university in Boston for Computer Systems with day one CPT ? Please let me know, I'm looking for on in and around MA
    Is Day 1 CPT still an option after the expiration of STEM OPT? I have heard people saying USCIS has abolished Day 1 CPT and it's not a good idea to enroll in such and could cause a problem during H1B. I, however, could not find any resources online regarding this news and would like to confirm how far this is true.

Westcliff University, (WASC Accredited) in Southern California, Offers Day 1 CPT for any Graduate Students.

Contact Me: Analy Garcia, Admissions Assistant Director and let me know you found us through DesiOPT
    analygarcia@westcliff.edu