Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STEM OPT Extension Denied due to Invalid E-Verify Number

Quote Originally Posted by nathanr View Post
    Get your employer register for e-verify and sign the MOU. Respond to rfe with the e-verify number and you will be fine. I just got my extension approved. They didn't ask me any extra details.
    Thank you nathanr. My employer registered for e-verify and he wants to send a letter along with the MOU Document proof saying that, we were not aware of this rule (it's true they are not h-1 B based employers and I am the first employee to file for STEM OPT Extension) at the time of filing and have registered as soon as we are informed. Is it advisable to send a letter like that? Did you submit any kind of similar letter or just the e-verify number? Could you please answer.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by help22 View Post
    Thank you nathanr. My employer registered for e-verify and he wants to send a letter along with the MOU Document proof saying that, we were not aware of this rule (it's true they are not h-1 B based employers and I am the first employee to file for STEM OPT Extension) at the time of filing and have registered as soon as we are informed. Is it advisable to send a letter like that? Did you submit any kind of similar letter or just the e-verify number? Could you please answer.

Thank you
    I haven't sent any letter except for the proof that we have registered for e-verify highlighting the e-verify number and company's name(a print out of e-verify page). Its better not to send any letter.

Quote Originally Posted by roeder View Post
    UPDATE:

Today, I got a email from HR that confirm the E-Verify Number was provided is not correct.
    My company just "enrolled" in E-Verify but have not signed the Memo of Understanding (MOU), therefore, my company's account is not activated.
    I am ready to MTR and hope the decision will be in favor with me.

I appreciate the help and advise will everyone who reply me here.

The last thing I want to say even the HR provide you a number and stated that this is E-Verify Number, please check and confirm to make sure the number is valid and correct before applying anything require this number.
    Since you do not know whether your HR department fully understand how to become E-Verify.

Anyway, I will update once I receive decision of my MTR from USICS. Good Luck!
    Hi Roeder,

What was USCIS decision regarding sending a new e-verify number for RFE response? . I am also in same your situation and about to send RFE response with newly enrolled e-verify number as my company's old e-verify was not signed with MOU

Thanks
    madhu

STEM OPT Extension Denied due E-verify number

Quote Originally Posted by roeder View Post
    UPDATE:

Today, I got a email from HR that confirm the E-Verify Number was provided is not correct.
    My company just "enrolled" in E-Verify but have not signed the Memo of Understanding (MOU), therefore, my company's account is not activated.
    I am ready to MTR and hope the decision will be in favor with me.

I appreciate the help and advise will everyone who reply me here.

The last thing I want to say even the HR provide you a number and stated that this is E-Verify Number, please check and confirm to make sure the number is valid and correct before applying anything require this number.
    Since you do not know whether your HR department fully understand how to become E-Verify.

Anyway, I will update once I receive decision of my MTR from USICS. Good Luck!

Hi roeder, my opt extension got denied due to invalid e-verify number. its as it is same issue what you faced before. can you please assit me how to proceed on this issue. it will be really helpful.
    you can call me on 209-559-6775
    thank you!

Hi,

I applied for OPT STEM Extension by 20th Feb 2018. It's still pending. Just realized that I entered EIN instead of E-Verify identification number. Contacted USCIS today and they asked to write a letter explaining the mistake along with the correct information and send it to them with supporting documents.

1. In this case, should I send them a new I-765 form?
    2. What additional supporting document should I submit along with the letter?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrin View Post
    Hi,

I applied for OPT STEM Extension by 20th Feb 2018. It's still pending. Just realized that I entered EIN instead of E-Verify identification number. Contacted USCIS today and they asked to write a letter explaining the mistake along with the correct information and send it to them with supporting documents.

1. In this case, should I send them a new I-765 form?
    2. What additional supporting document should I submit along with the letter?

Thanks.
    I am also in same boat. I would like to know what all documents you submitted along with the letter explaining the mistake. Kindly share list of supporting documents you submitted ?