Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STEM OPT Extension Denied due to Invalid E-Verify Number

Quote Originally Posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
    1.biggest mistake which u did, u sent Company FED ID number as your company E- verify number, both are different and that's why your case has been denied.
    I am not sure about this. The E-Verify I got is 6-digits number. The HR department give me by logging in the e-verify system.
    I knew my company's FED ID number too, it is a 9-digits number.

I am really confuse now, which one should be the correct one.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by ashok.af806 View Post
    Hi, I'm going to apply for the stem extension soon. My company also got e-verified recently. I'm the first employee applying for stem. Do you think is that the reason in your case? Could you please tell me how many digits did the number have it. I think e-verify number must be between 4 to 7 characters. If it is Federal Tax( EIN), then it should be 9 characters. Please refer this link, he also had the same issue and filed MTR.I think this link might help you. [url]http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i765/1682887523/rfe-e-verify-number-24month-stem-opt-ext[/url]
    Well, I am not sure about this. But, the officer from my university's international office said that some students' company just enrolled in E-Verify and their opt extension just got accepted.
    However, I recommend that you ask your company's HR department to confirm the e-verify number is correct.

I don't want any others have the same issue as mine.

2. Concern ur attorney And let them know ur problem, follow their advice.
    I already contact an attorney and ready to file the MTR.
    Before that, I need to make sure the e-verify my company have is valid.

File MTR by providing correct e-verify number, it takes lit bit long time to process, but you will be good . Happened many times before. No need to worry
    My company's HR department said the e-verify number is valid by confirming from USCIS.
    So, will this be the mistake of USICS?

Quote Originally Posted by arjunt View Post
    So what did you do then ? Did you file for MTR? or enrolled in any college course?
    After I confirm that the e-verify is valid, I will file the MTR. No planning to enrolled in any college since I am not planning to stay after my OPT Extension.
    I guess I will just wait for the MTR decision.
    I will keep updating through this post since I believe my case could help other people.

UPDATE:

Today, I got a email from HR that confirm the E-Verify Number was provided is not correct.
    My company just "enrolled" in E-Verify but have not signed the Memo of Understanding (MOU), therefore, my company's account is not activated.
    I am ready to MTR and hope the decision will be in favor with me.

I appreciate the help and advise will everyone who reply me here.

The last thing I want to say even the HR provide you a number and stated that this is E-Verify Number, please check and confirm to make sure the number is valid and correct before applying anything require this number.
    Since you do not know whether your HR department fully understand how to become E-Verify.

Anyway, I will update once I receive decision of my MTR from USICS. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by roeder View Post
    Hello, Everyone. I need some advise, comment and assistance.

My Stem OPT Extension got denied since the USCIS stated that my E-Verify Number is invalid.

Here is the timeline:
    8-31-2016 USCIS received my I-765
    10-1-2016 I received RFE regarding invalid E-Verify Number, therefore, I ask my HR department to screenshot the profile page including all the information such as Company ID Number(E-Verify Number), Business Name, Address and etc.
    10-17-2016 USICS received my evidence for RFE
    11-6-2016 I received notice stated that my OPT Extension got denied since the E-Verify is invalid.

Therefore, I need some help and I have few questions.
    1) USCIS said that my company's e-verify number is invalid. However, the HR department did log in to the e-verify system and screenshot the profile page for me. Will this still be a chance that my company's e-verify number is invalid or my company is not e-verify?

2) Will there be any chances that USCIS make a mistake on my case?

3) One thing about my company is that they just got the e-verify number for just 6 months and they are not searchable on the USCIS search tool. Also, I am the first employee using the e-verify to request OPT Extension. Will this be the reason why I got denied?

4) As stated on the denial notice, I cannot appeal to this decision. However, it stated that I could request the Motion to Reopen or Motion to Reconsider action. How should I start with this?

Please let me what should I do since my grace period is almost coming to the end.
    Any help and assistance will definitely be appreciated.

Thank You!
    1. You need to ask your employer.
    2. Yes, and you will need to file an MTR with additional proof that your employer is enrolled in E-Verify. A screenshot is not sufficient.
    3. It could be.
    4. You will need to file the I-290B and follow instructions on the form on where to send with the brief and additional evidence. You should consult with an attorney.

RFE OPT Extension- e verify

Quote Originally Posted by roeder View Post
    UPDATE:

Today, I got a email from HR that confirm the E-Verify Number was provided is not correct.
    My company just "enrolled" in E-Verify but have not signed the Memo of Understanding (MOU), therefore, my company's account is not activated.
    I am ready to MTR and hope the decision will be in favor with me.

I appreciate the help and advise will everyone who reply me here.

The last thing I want to say even the HR provide you a number and stated that this is E-Verify Number, please check and confirm to make sure the number is valid and correct before applying anything require this number.
    Since you do not know whether your HR department fully understand how to become E-Verify.

Anyway, I will update once I receive decision of my MTR from USICS. Good Luck!
    Hello,
    I am also in the same boat. I applied for OPT extension and my firm isnt aware of e-verify. My firm gave Tax id number instead of e-verify number. My opt expired on 01/27/17. On 02/10/17 My status read Request for Initial evidence mailed to you. After thorough research I found out that my company isn't e-verified yet. On my request thay registered for e-verify on 02/10/17. Assuming that rfe is regarding e-verify, If I respond the RFE with my employers e-verify number, will my extension be accepted. Or is it advisable to change the employer and respond the rfe with new employers details. Also whats the status of your MTR?
    Any informartion will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Hello,

I am in the same situation. Can you tell me how you handled your case. It would be really helpful for me.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by help22 View Post
    Hello,

I am in the same situation. Can you tell me how you handled your case. It would be really helpful for me.

Thank you
    Get your employer register for e-verify and sign the MOU. Respond to rfe with the e-verify number and you will be fine. I just got my extension approved. They didn't ask me any extra details.