• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ASHISH GODARA
    Banned
    • Jan 2014

I NEED AN ADVICE PLEASE GUIDE ME
    My educational background involve I have done 2 bachelor [1]Bachelor in arts[2]Bachelor in law

My future aim is to settle down in usa ----I find education is only mode by which i can get a job in usa and thereby earn salary there. I am from a middle class family and taking a huge loan and coming to usa KEEPING IN MIND THAT I WILL REPAY IT when i get job. After searching i found out that i have 2 option

First to do mba from there [which provide me 1 year of opt and 1 chance to apply for h1b]

READ BELOW, PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG AND SHOW ME REAL PICTURE
    OF IT FIELD IN USA

but after some research i found that if i do stem degrees [masters in computer information system] i get 29 month extension and 3 chance of h1b process and i also came to know that most of h1b sponsors are hiring graduate students from IT field especially computers.and it is easy to find a job in IT field comparatively if you done an mba from a university not in top 20 as i cant afford those due to high tuition.Another reason is that as we know that h1b is a lottery so if i do mba and donot come into a lottery than icant work in usa and if i couldnot work in usa i cant pay my loan expenses by working in india and this education dream will be a curse and i donot want to go under that situation But if i choose an masters in computers even if i couldnot get a job in 1 year , i can work in opt and apply for next year due to stem extension.but my case has a demerit i have no IT experience some one told consultancy will solve your issue and make your resume look nice.please guide me showing real picure of usa??as this step will be turning point in my life?How the IT scene in usa ???Does stem student after graduation find a job?As my bachelor is not in computers and simple arts does it have any effect in visa or h1b or when employer looks at resume?Guide as i don't know IT scenario there?Bottom line is i donot want that situation in which i haven given a degree and said go back to india as earning in usa and settling down here is my priority and that is why i am taking education a a medium pathroute to usa in which i found IT field a safe step............................Guide

PLEASE SAY IT FIELD REAL PICTURE IN REGARD TO JOB OPPORTUNITIES, AND HI1B for those who have completed their masters in usa?does fresher tag is a setback or consultancy will feel good

email me [email protected]

Comment

• Harinath Mekala
      • Jun 2014

I applied for change of status from H4 to F1 in March and its been more than 3 months. I paid sevis fee while applying for this change of status to Student visa. Since my F1 approval hasnt come in the time I expected before the start of next semester, so I will have to continue the next semester also on H4 visa. With the change of status(I539) getting delayed, i guess my SEVIS will also be cancelled, does that mean that I have to pay SEVIS fee again. If not, then should I ask my college to give me a deferment I-20 since my COS approval would then come in time for the next semester. ? Is there any cost to be paid to the college to reactivate my SEVIS for the next semester.. It seems stupid to keep paying college for the delay in processing by USCIS, if thats what I need to do

Comment

• deeps12
        • Jun 2014

Hello everyone,

I got my visa status changed from H4 to F1 recently. On my I-20 starting date is June 2nd, but my visa got approved on June 12th. So my International Student Officer contacted USCIS and they said to submit a request to change I-20 date from June 2nd to June 12th. So my ISO said to me that it takes 3 months to change. I want to confirm whether it takes 3 months to change the date on sevis or not?

Comment

• kanchana2805
          • Jan 2014

Hey friends, I do have a question , can u help me with an answer.
          I'm doing my master currently on H4, and applied for change of status here and waiting for approval. Hopefully after my approval ,

1. should I need to get F1 stamping before I graduate, I will be graduating on May 2015 ? or Can I be here until I complete my OPT?
          2. Can I visit Canada for stamping ?? Is it easy if I go there than going to India?
          3. If In case I need to go for stamping before graduation , I can go there in December during my winter break , but by that time , My H4 expires (on Nov 2014), thinking about the worst case , Do I need to face any hard time with F1 denials or due to H4 Expiry ?
          4. What reason is most accepted when the VO ask why are you converting from H4 to F1 ??

Awaiting for your reply. Help me

Comment

• rasmi
            • Aug 2014

Hey, I am an Indian citizen and I got admitted to a PhD program this fall. I did apply for a change of status from H4 to F1 but it is taking a lot of time. I need my F1 visa so that I can start with my TA as soon as the semester begins. I was considering going to Canada to get that done. Do I need a visa to enter Canada? Also, are visa interview dates readily available at the US Consulate in Canada? Can you please tell me the procedure that you used?

Comment

• kanchana2805
              • Jan 2014

yes you need a visa to enter canada.

Originally posted by rasmi View Post
              Hey, I am an Indian citizen and I got admitted to a PhD program this fall. I did apply for a change of status from H4 to F1 but it is taking a lot of time. I need my F1 visa so that I can start with my TA as soon as the semester begins. I was considering going to Canada to get that done. Do I need a visa to enter Canada? Also, are visa interview dates readily available at the US Consulate in Canada? Can you please tell me the procedure that you used?

Comment

• kanchana2805
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by deeps12 View Post
                Hello everyone,

I got my visa status changed from H4 to F1 recently. On my I-20 starting date is June 2nd, but my visa got approved on June 12th. So my International Student Officer contacted USCIS and they said to submit a request to change I-20 date from June 2nd to June 12th. So my ISO said to me that it takes 3 months to change. I want to confirm whether it takes 3 months to change the date on sevis or not?
                Hello, Can you share the information, what did you do after your approval. Did you get new I -20, do we need to pay SEVIS again ??? please reply me

Comment

• Banoth69
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
                  U can study on H4 and then change ur status to F1. I did the same thing and ill be studying on F1 this fall.
                  Hi ... I would like to know few more details How you converted your H4 to F1 visa, even I'm looking for conversation. Please can reply me ...

Comment

• kvdc
                    • Mar 2014

Hi, you can continue studying on H-4 and change you status even in the last semester to F-1 visa. I did the same. Hope this helps!

Comment

• megha23dec
                      • Jan 2016

hello ,
                      while waiting for change of status from h4 to F1 , the study we do on H4 will that be considered on F1 for being eligible for CPT or I need to wait further for one academic year on F1 visa for CPT ??

Comment

• megha23dec
                        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by kanchana2805 View Post
                        Hey friends, I do have a question , can u help me with an answer.
                        I'm doing my master currently on H4, and applied for change of status here and waiting for approval. Hopefully after my approval ,

1. should I need to get F1 stamping before I graduate, I will be graduating on May 2015 ? or Can I be here until I complete my OPT?
                        2. Can I visit Canada for stamping ?? Is it easy if I go there than going to India?
                        3. If In case I need to go for stamping before graduation , I can go there in December during my winter break , but by that time , My H4 expires (on Nov 2014), thinking about the worst case , Do I need to face any hard time with F1 denials or due to H4 Expiry ?
                        4. What reason is most accepted when the VO ask why are you converting from H4 to F1 ??

Awaiting for your reply. Help me
                        Hi can u call me on 7047476248.

Comment

• GurbaniKaur
                          • Jul 2020

Can a B2 Tourist Visa be Changed To An F1 Student Visa? Get more details at https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/b2-to...1-student-visa

Comment

• lisaanderson
                            • Jan 2014

For visas like the F-1, where you have to show strong ties to your home country, it’s always risky to go to a third country for visa stamping. The US Consulates feel that it’s difficult for a consular officer to determine if you have strong ties to India when you’re applying for a visa in Canada. Of course, you can always try and if they deny, go to India or come back to the US and file the COS.
                            You can argue that the only reason you aren’t going to India is because of the pandemic, but you have to get to Canada first. There are also restrictions on who can enter Canada at this time due to Covid-19 so you should check if you fall under any exempt categories.

Comment

• shikha8572
                              • May 2022

Start off with your H4 visa and apply for an F1 visa; this process is really easy. Now you can do a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or an Optional Practical Training (OPT) if you'd like. Remember that you can only do these on an F1 visa. From the OPT you can go into an H1B visa.

Comment

Working...
                              X