Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F1 Visa re-entry or Reinstatement

Hello!What option did you go for?

I was wanting to know which option did you choose?

What u did sofia

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia View Post
    Hello!What option did you go for?
    Hello Sofia what you did in this case
    I am in the same situation, need some help

Help me please

Quote Originally Posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
    I have seen many of my friend crossing mexico because it is easy very few questions tell them the reason for change of university that you are not feeling well and my univ has terminated lack of attendance so you changed the univ .its very easy not complecated
    My opt got denied and my sevis complete.
    I am thinking about crossing border at Mexico with new I 20.i want to know how risky it is? And what questions they will ask at port of entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Chand1 View Post
    My opt got denied and my sevis complete.
    I am thinking about crossing border at Mexico with new I 20.i want to know how risky it is? And what questions they will ask at port of entry?
    Please advice me on this. My OPT got denied and I am in the same situation and thinking to cross the border at Mexico with new initial I-20.
    Please let me know your experience because it will help to get some confidence while doing this.

Hi Madhu,

This is Chandana. I did Crossed Mexico border on last year June near SanYasidro CA. They Just ask you basic questions like have u finished previous degree, why you need new I94, where u gonna stay during studies. For this you need valid visa and need to pay sevis fee for sevies number on your new I20 before crossing border.

Quote Originally Posted by Chand1 View Post
    Hi Madhu,

This is Chandana. I did Crossed Mexico border on last year June near SanYasidro CA. They Just ask you basic questions like have u finished previous degree, why you need new I94, where u gonna stay during studies. For this you need valid visa and need to pay sevis fee for sevies number on your new I20 before crossing border.
    Hi Chandana,

Thanks a lot for your quick and valuable reply at this point of time.
    I would like to let you know that it's me and my sister both going to be cross the border at the same time because for me my first OPT got denied and for my sister her OPT Extension got denied due to new rule.

We are in same situation because our SEVIS showing up as completed now.
    We don't want to go for MTR or Re-reinstatement because it will take long time to get it sorted out.

As you said in your reply, I have couple of queries to handle in POE.

1. What should we say for why you need new I-94. I thought of telling I am here for an I-94 update if they question me Why you are here if your school is in Virginia.

2. Is there any possibility to expect any more questions accordingly for my sister due to her state now.

We are planning to go to mexico border near to San diego.

It would be great if we can speak with you once on phone or in hangouts.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Please update me accordingly.

Thanks
    Madhu.

Quote Originally Posted by madhu511 View Post
    Hi Chandana,

Thanks a lot for your quick and valuable reply at this point of time.
    I would like to let you know that it's me and my sister both going to be cross the border at the same time because for me my first OPT got denied and for my sister her OPT Extension got denied due to new rule.

We are in same situation because our SEVIS showing up as completed now.
    We don't want to go for MTR or Re-reinstatement because it will take long time to get it sorted out.

As you said in your reply, I have couple of queries to handle in POE.

1. What should we say for why you need new I-94. I thought of telling I am here for an I-94 update if they question me Why you are here if your school is in Virginia.

2. Is there any possibility to expect any more questions accordingly for my sister due to her state now.

We are planning to go to mexico border near to San diego.

It would be great if we can speak with you once on phone or in hangouts.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Please update me accordingly.

Thanks
    Madhu.
    Hi Madhu,

Can i get your email or phone so that I can call.

Did you cross the mexican border??

What were the questions asked?

Hi Chandu,

Can I use the previous school visa. My visa is valid till 2018 and i have the initial i20 from different school.

Please advise

Hi Vinay,
    Yes you can.You need to pay sevis fee for the sevis number on your initial i20 before crossing border.