X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chand1
    • Jun 2015

Hi Madhu,

This is Chandana. I did Crossed Mexico border on last year June near SanYasidro CA. They Just ask you basic questions like have u finished previous degree, why you need new I94, where u gonna stay during studies. For this you need valid visa and need to pay sevis fee for sevies number on your new I20 before crossing border.

Comment

• madhu511
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Chand1 View Post
      Hi Madhu,

This is Chandana. I did Crossed Mexico border on last year June near SanYasidro CA. They Just ask you basic questions like have u finished previous degree, why you need new I94, where u gonna stay during studies. For this you need valid visa and need to pay sevis fee for sevies number on your new I20 before crossing border.
      Hi Chandana,

Thanks a lot for your quick and valuable reply at this point of time.
      I would like to let you know that it's me and my sister both going to be cross the border at the same time because for me my first OPT got denied and for my sister her OPT Extension got denied due to new rule.

We are in same situation because our SEVIS showing up as completed now.
      We don't want to go for MTR or Re-reinstatement because it will take long time to get it sorted out.

As you said in your reply, I have couple of queries to handle in POE.

1. What should we say for why you need new I-94. I thought of telling I am here for an I-94 update if they question me Why you are here if your school is in Virginia.

2. Is there any possibility to expect any more questions accordingly for my sister due to her state now.

We are planning to go to mexico border near to San diego.

It would be great if we can speak with you once on phone or in hangouts.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Please update me accordingly.

Thanks
      Madhu.

Comment

• vinaykum99
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by madhu511 View Post
        Hi Chandana,

Thanks a lot for your quick and valuable reply at this point of time.
        I would like to let you know that it's me and my sister both going to be cross the border at the same time because for me my first OPT got denied and for my sister her OPT Extension got denied due to new rule.

We are in same situation because our SEVIS showing up as completed now.
        We don't want to go for MTR or Re-reinstatement because it will take long time to get it sorted out.

As you said in your reply, I have couple of queries to handle in POE.

1. What should we say for why you need new I-94. I thought of telling I am here for an I-94 update if they question me Why you are here if your school is in Virginia.

2. Is there any possibility to expect any more questions accordingly for my sister due to her state now.

We are planning to go to mexico border near to San diego.

It would be great if we can speak with you once on phone or in hangouts.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Please update me accordingly.

Thanks
        Madhu.
        Hi Madhu,

Can i get your email or phone so that I can call.

Did you cross the mexican border??

What were the questions asked?

Comment

• vinaykum99
          • Oct 2016

Hi Chandu,

Can I use the previous school visa. My visa is valid till 2018 and i have the initial i20 from different school.

Please advise

Comment

• sandeep2
            • Jul 2015

Hi Vinay,
            Yes you can.You need to pay sevis fee for the sevis number on your initial i20 before crossing border.

Comment

• desif1
              • Nov 2016

Regaining F1 status by re-entry

Originally posted by Chand1 View Post
              Hi Madhu,

I am in a similar situation. What reason did you give for a completed course and new i20? My SEVIS is complete but I havent completed my thesis. My univ is willing to issue new initial i20.

Comment

• praty9
                • Mar 2017

Hi Chandana, this is pratysh. Im in same situation now, im looking for best guidance . My initial OPT got denied and sevis is showing Completed. Can I cross the border with new i20 with new sevis number and do i need to pay sevis again for new i20? what are the documents needed to carry, and how am i supposed to convince the CBP officer. pls help me out .

Comment

• apac
                  • Sep 2017

opt denied , sevis complete renetering on same visa and new sevis

Originally posted by praty9 View Post
                  Hi Chandana, this is pratysh. Im in same situation now, im looking for best guidance . My initial OPT got denied and sevis is showing Completed. Can I cross the border with new i20 with new sevis number and do i need to pay sevis again for new i20? what are the documents needed to carry, and how am i supposed to convince the CBP officer. pls help me out .
                  Hi Guys, I am in similar situation. I graduated may 30th, opt denied aug 17th and I have secured admission in new school. I want to know in how many days should i leave country before violating any rules? My dso said that sevis completed on august 17th. USCIS gave me 33 days to file motion, does that mean I have 33 days before i violate rule or i violate rule after 60 days? ICE website says you should leave within 60 days after sevis gets completed post your sevis is completed on graduation that is if you have not applied for opt. Just dont want to violate any rule. Please advice also I would really appreciate if any one of you crossed border and what was your experience like. Also I am thinking of going to india and coming back. Should it be a problem?

Comment

• satay10
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by praty9 View Post
                    I have been in same situation before and got OPT and H1B too contact me on [email protected] if you want further help. I understand going through OPT denial is frustrating but if done properly you will definitely get it next time.

Comment

• satay10
                      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by apac View Post
                      Hi Guys, I am in similar situation. I graduated may 30th, opt denied aug 17th and I have secured admission in new school. I want to know in how many days should i leave country before violating any rules? My dso said that sevis completed on august 17th. USCIS gave me 33 days to file motion, does that mean I have 33 days before i violate rule or i violate rule after 60 days? ICE website says you should leave within 60 days after sevis gets completed post your sevis is completed on graduation that is if you have not applied for opt. Just dont want to violate any rule. Please advice also I would really appreciate if any one of you crossed border and what was your experience like. Also I am thinking of going to india and coming back. Should it be a problem?
                      Contact me on [email protected] I can help I have been in similar situation before. I had a lot of help then I can pass that information to you especially if you don't want OPT to get denied a second time

Comment

• Xavier69
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Hello everyone,
                        I am on an F1 visa. I have been here only since 2 months. My i20 from University A was terminated because i could not complete some homework on time & missed just 2 lectures out of 8, that is the reason they gave me. Before the termination was issued, I had requested them for a transfer to University B. ( I have no doubt they terminated it because i asked for a transfer) Now they have terminated it & then transferred it to university B. What are the chances of getting reinstated if I apply for one? Or should I reenter via mexico with the new i20 of university B? What are the chances that i will get to re enter. Its very urgent. Which one is least risky? Is there anyone here with similar experience. Anyone know what questions will be asked at the port of entry since I will have a visa with university A's name on it and a different i20!
                        just visit mexico like SVU people do to get back the status. cross the border and get back your visa status

Comment

• Sanjay0121
                          • Sep 2018

Hi Chandana,
                          My F1 status has been out of status as I dint attend my last semester of college and I have new i20 from different college what would you recommend me to do about the issue. Would it be easy to go to Mexico and get new F1 visa or I should go back to India.
                          Thank You,

Comment

• Sanjay0121
                            • Sep 2018

Hi Chandana,
                            My F1 status has been out of status as I dint attend my last semester of college and I have new i20 from different college what would you recommend me to do about the issue. Would it be easy to go to Mexico and get new F1 visa or I should go back to India.
                            Thank You,

Comment

• Sanjay0121
                              • Sep 2018

Hi Dan,
                              Did you get new visa? I’m in the same situation what have u done can u let me know. It’s urgent. Thank You.

Comment

• Elphoche
                                • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Sanjay0121 View Post
                                Hi Chandana,
                                Thank You,
                                HI, I am almost in the same position that you are/in. I have a valid visa though, just that I need to reenter the US. I want to know if you were able to sort yourself out. Any advice for me?

Comment

Working...
                                X