STEM OPT Extension RFE-Did this happen to anyone?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

STEM OPT Extension RFE-Did this happen to anyone?

I was asked for a request of evidence by USCIS for my STEM OPT extension is it normal that this would happen if not what would have been the reason for this kind of status change on my application.
    I did not get mail to my home but it says they have posted it today and will receive it in a couple of days
    but for now i just wanted to know that does this actually happen to any one i am a bit worried
    everything is right about my filing i even dont have unemployment period problem

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 25th 2013
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    • Mar 2013

which school?

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
      • Mar 2013

One of my frnd had the RFE . It just means Request for Evidence. In the letter they send u explains everything about xtra documents you need to submit. Once you submit those documents, thy wil process it within 10 r 15 days. My frnd got STEM OPT card aftr he submitted documents uscis requested for.. So not a prob .. Wait for that letter from uscis..!!

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
        • Mar 2013

happened to one of my friend

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
          • Mar 2013

I got an RFE as I had submitted my unofficial transcript they had requested me to send either a copy of my degree or an official transcript. Just wait for their letter they will explain you what was wrong or missing in your application and then resend it. The whole process takes a bit of time but eventually you should get your extension card.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
            • Mar 2013

When did you apply for OPT Extension and when did you get the RFE? I have applied for OPT Exxtension in mid feb and it is still in initial review so just wanted to know the average time of provcessing
            Last edited by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin; 06-09-2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
              • Mar 2013

Minimum it will take 47 days to 60 days - this time period applies for Texas USCIS, it seems others USCIS take more time to porcess...

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                • Mar 2013

USCIS usually never straightaway rejects STEM extension application, they will ask you for the supporting docs if they feel so.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                  • Mar 2013

so u say that RFE is the 1st step for rejection...? or RFE is a step to avoid rejection..?

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                    • Mar 2013

I got an RFE for my STEM OPT extension.. the rfe was that the everify number that my employer provided me was wrong.. Later I got a letter from my employer and sent it to the address they provided and the rfe got cleared in a months time.. dont worry for opt rfe it will be a simple thing only

Comment

• hankbrody123
                      • Jun 2014

Hi everyone. I applied for my OPT recently and got an RFE stating that the photos I submitted were not as per requirements. I responded to the RFE as soon as I received it. The Texas Service Center has had the response for 5 days now. Is there anyone on the forum who went through this recently and knows how long it could take to process the RFE response? Thanks!

Comment

• chandana318
                        • Jun 2014

Hello all,

I want to travel to India during August/September 2014. I am on OPT & working in Oil & Gas field from October 2013. My current OPT is going to expire in September 2014 & I am applying for STEM extension in few days. My F1 VISA expired in August 2013. I would like to know if I can travel to India with OPT STEM ext-EAD card and then go to stamping at the US Consulate in India for coming back to US. Also can you please tell me what all documents are required for this thing.

Thanks!!

Comment

• Elikplim
                          • Aug 2014

Did the employer included the e-verify number in the letter? I have a similar situation. I got an RFE stating that what l provided as the e-verify number is rather the tax id number. However my employer says they have to decided about enrolling on e-verify during board meetings. Can l tell the employer to write a letter clarifying this?

Comment

STEM Extension Rejection after late DSO i20 recommentation

I have applied for my STEM extension 2 months before my OPT will expire with all valid documents. DSO recommentation of STEM was on October 24 and my packet was received by USCIS on November 24(32 days later). I have seen on instructions of I765 form that it should not exceed 30 days. I called USCIS to ask about 30 day rule for OPT STEM EXTENSION and they said there is no such rule for Stem extension.But my school says there is high chance for rejection.My OPT expires on Jan 31 2015.My application is still in initial review. What are the chances of getting STEM extension? Is there any thing I can do now, as my application still in initial review and I have Jan 31 2015 as deadline?
                            My schoolsays they can pull/withdraw STEM Extension and may be able to request an expedited update given the fact that I need to apply for STEM again…However, they cannot promise that it would work or estimate how quickly it would be done…All they could do is submit a request.Should I take chance for cancelling my current application and reapply again (but again school cannot gurantee If they can cancel my application within my current OPT ends,i would be in a problem if cancellation happens after my current OPT ends,because I wont be able to reapply again)or wait till USCIS replies back with denial?

If its denied, are there any chances to get my STEM by applying for MTR?

Comment

• chinxxx
                              • Jun 2015

[color=#FFF0F5]ไฮไลท์บอล คู่เด็ด ทุกคู่ ทุกแมต ไม่พลาด ได้ที่นี่[/color] [color=#FFF0F5]livescore[/color]

Comment

Working...
                              X