Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: STEM OPT Extension RFE-Did this happen to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by rteja26 View Post
    Yes!Did you submit employment verification letter while you applying for opt extn?
    I believe I did not. The problem now is the submission of I983. Should we include the client information in the site information or should not we? My contracting wants to keep only its name and address on the I983. Certain sites say contractor employee relationship cannot be categorized under "bonafide employer-employee" relationship. But I found this on the DHS website: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/201...ary-agencies-0

Different sites have different information. Very confusing and misleading. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ramisakki View Post
    I believe I did not. The problem now is the submission of I983. Should we include the client information in the site information or should not we? My contracting wants to keep only its name and address on the I983. Certain sites say contractor employee relationship cannot be categorized under "bonafide employer-employee" relationship. But I found this on the DHS website: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/201...ary-agencies-0

Different sites have different information. Very confusing and misleading. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
    Yes, the link you posted says everything. If you are still confused you have one option. let me know your email address we can discuss

Quote Originally Posted by rteja26 View Post
    Yes, the link you posted says everything. If you are still confused you have one option. let me know your email address we can discuss
    Hi, i also got same RFE on 10/18. i don't have any idea what to do. what are the documents i need to send uscis?
    have you submitted your documents? is there any update on your status?

Have you guys responded to your RFE? Can we discuss the options here?

Hey guys,
    Please help.
    I am in urgent need for help guys. I applied for OPT and 2 months later got a RFE- as it turns out, my DSO forgot to include a copy of my passport page in my application package. I am extremely worried as I am not entirely sure whether I should be reissuing a new I-20 (in order to make sure I don't pass the 30 day window of filing), or whether I should just send the passport copy that they asked for. I heard about many people forgetting to sign I-20 or I-765 and having to get reendorsed and refile the entire application. Please advise, this is keeping me up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by tampran View Post
    Have you guys responded to your RFE? Can we discuss the options here?
    Hi I received similar RFE requesting for I983 along with other letters (optional/ supporting if required).

My question is what happened in your case, did your OPT extension got approved. What did you do in response to your RFE, documents submitted and what was the content of the supporting documents?
    Please share ur response on my id bay4011@gmail.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teja260 View Post
    Hi, i also got same RFE on 10/18. i don't have any idea what to do. what are the documents i need to send uscis?
    have you submitted your documents? is there any update on your status?
    Hi Teja, I received similar RFE requesting for I983 along with other letters (optional/ supporting if required).

My question is what happened in your case, did your OPT extension got approved. What did you do in response to your RFE, documents submitted and what was the content of the supporting documents?
    Please share ur response on my id bay4011@gmail.com

Thanks

Hey Asshu, Can you please tell me . Did you respond to the RFE ? Did they approve OPT extension? Any help or advice is highly appreciated. I am in the same situation.

Hello, Can you please tell me . Did you respond to the RFE ? Did they approve OPT extension? Any help or advice is highly appreciated. I am in the same situation.

DSO recommendation past 30 days

Hi Nisha, how did you resolve this situation? Did you reapply or just wait to hear from 32 day old application?

Do let me know.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisha Selvarajan View Post
    I have applied for my STEM extension 2 months before my OPT will expire with all valid documents. DSO recommentation of STEM was on October 24 and my packet was received by USCIS on November 24(32 days later). I have seen on instructions of I765 form that it should not exceed 30 days. I called USCIS to ask about 30 day rule for OPT STEM EXTENSION and they said there is no such rule for Stem extension.But my school says there is high chance for rejection.My OPT expires on Jan 31 2015.My application is still in initial review. What are the chances of getting STEM extension? Is there any thing I can do now, as my application still in initial review and I have Jan 31 2015 as deadline?
    My schoolsays they can pull/withdraw STEM Extension and may be able to request an expedited update given the fact that I need to apply for STEM again…However, they cannot promise that it would work or estimate how quickly it would be done…All they could do is submit a request.Should I take chance for cancelling my current application and reapply again (but again school cannot gurantee If they can cancel my application within my current OPT ends,i would be in a problem if cancellation happens after my current OPT ends,because I wont be able to reapply again)or wait till USCIS replies back with denial?

If its denied, are there any chances to get my STEM by applying for MTR?