Thread: Can I apply for H1B right now? Graduating in Aug 2013

Can I apply for H1B right now? Graduating in Aug 2013

I am currently on F1, graduating in August 2013 and will have my OPT after that. Can I directly apply to H1B right now, as i am getting an offer. Also, till my H1B is approved, can I take a CPT internship on F1 visa.Thanks !!

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 6th 2013

Flash News- H1B Cap reached

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it has received a sufficient number of H-1B petitions to reach the statutory cap for fiscal year (FY) 2014. USCIS has also received more than 20,000 H-1B petitions filed on behalf of persons exempt from the cap under the advanced degree exemption. After today, USCIS will not accept H-1B petitions subject to the FY 2014 cap or the advanced degree exemption.

in 5 days !!!!! mera number kab aayega

Well it is not possible for you to get H1 this year (i.e FY 2014) and for FY 2015 you may apply up to six months ahead (April 1) and can continue filing until the quota is used up.

I graduate in april next yr. Can I directly apply for H1? PS I already have a masters n this is my 2nd one.

I dont think that just by having a double masters, you can directly apply for h1...