Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travelling in India on OPT

opt is card is essential.
    I had travelled to India on Extented opt, I had carried everything what is mentioned above, and I did show my opt card at the immigration.please don't travel without opt card

Check OPT Travel Suggestions post- [url]http://desiopt.com/.../21-OPT-Travel-Suggestions[/url]...

OPT Travel Suggestions - Blogs - DesiOPT OPT/CPT Forums
    desiopt.com
    OPT Travel Suggestions DesiOPTForumAdmin

What can be done?

Ok. My state ID is suppose to arrive by next week hopefully before my trip. My passport doesn't have a visa. I just have valid 1-20, would that be a problem

are you sure? Lots of mixed reviews online

if u have passport it is enough to travel with in the country .

Since you already have an "Offer Letter" in your hand. Request USCIS to EXPEDITE the process & get the OPT card within 40 days(I'm sure you can).. Also request your employer to change the start date to December for this purpose. This will solve your problem!

You can take the approval notice, if you don't receive the card. or take the OPT application confirmation document that USCIS sends to you. You need a job offer too.

Hello all,

I want to travel to India during August/September 2014. I am on OPT & working in Oil & Gas field from October 2013. My current OPT is going to expire in September 2014 & I am applying for STEM extension in few days. My F1 VISA expired in August 2013. I would like to know if I can travel to India with OPT STEM ext-EAD card and then go to stamping at the US Consulate in India for coming back to US. Also can you please tell me what all documents are required for this thing.

Thanks!!

Hi All,

I completed my graduation (Masters in CS) in Apr'14 and started my job in May'14. My OPT is valid till Apr'15 and student visa (F1) till Jun'18. I want to go to India in Oct or Dec. Please let me know if there will be any problems when I re enter the US. Also, what documents should I take along?

Thanks a ton!