Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Split OPT between two masters degree

  1. #1

    Split OPT between two masters degree

    I have been on the OPT for about 8 months now and I could not complete my degree and got terminated from the university. I am thinking of joining another University to keep my F-1 visa valid if I stop my OPT now is it possible to use the remaining OPT for my second master's degree. If I use all of the 12 Months I will not be eligible for STEM extension, please tell me what are my options. I already have a job and my employer is willing to sponsor H1-B for me but I do not have enough time for that it seems. Also if I get admitted to another university can I work Full-time on CPT for the same company I am in right now, I just want to keep my visa valid untill I get my H1-B approved. Please tell me what are the options and how I can keep my visa and employment valid. Also, is it possible to file H1-B while pursuing a master's degree? I hope I will find something here thank you.

  2. #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator. Once reviewed it would be posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours, else we would ask for more information.

    JOBS-Explore 25K+ OPT/CPT/Other Jobs at
    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT
    NEWSLETTER: Subscribe at
    ATTORNEY: For FREE Immigration advise call attorneys.Find information at

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts