• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spaidimarry
    • Mar 2019

F2 Vissa Rejected with 214 B reason

Hi all,

I came to USA on June 29 2014 for Masters in Health care, after coming here I have shifted to MSMIS in the same University, (National University, San Diego) and successfully completed my masters and participated in OPT program for 2.10 years, during this period my H1B is not picked up, finally joined Ph.D. in Information technology (university of Cumberlands), one month before the end of OPT period. I am working on CPT now, few days back my wife and 4 years kid appeared for F2 visa interview with all the required documents.

The following communication is between VO and my wife.

VO: is your husband studying online ?

My wife: No, he is studying regular.

VO: is your husband working ?

My wife: yes, he is doing job

VO: you are not eligible for this vis, please go through the reason in the document 214b.

I want to plan for second visa interview, can you please guide me what needs to be provided to show them that we are not potential immigrants ? ideal time frame to appear for second interview ? Any anticipated interrogative questions and possible answers for the same. I really need advice in this regard, hoping for a reply.
    VO is asking limited questions and not even asking for any further explanation.

Thank you.
    Last edited by spaidimarry; 03-12-2019, 04:22 PM. Reason: alignement of text
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

Your question will be reviewed by our moderator. Once reviewed it would be posted on Facebook wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 within 24-72 hours, else we would ask for more information.

JOBS-Explore 25K+ OPT/CPT/Other Jobs at http://bit.ly/2GQNXUg
    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT https://bit.ly/2CFunVX
    NEWSLETTER: Subscribe at http://bit.ly/1da2vrz
    ATTORNEY: For FREE Immigration advise call attorneys.Find information at http://desiopt.com/

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
      Administrator
      • Mar 2013

Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1/po...54378651246154 on 15th March 2019 - Please review comments from other users

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
        • Mar 2013

One of my friend’s dependent got three rejections and my dependent got a rejection too. A lot of scrutiny!

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
          • Mar 2013

There is a clear intent of immigration.
          Wait till you get h1 and bring on h4.
          Or go to a lawyer.

Comment

• Anonymous427
            • Sep 2018

I see lot of rejection for this university for following!my frind had the experience reject his wife F2 visa
            1Your wife said ur not studying online, but USCIS know that cumberland university has only online PhD degree with day 1 CPT. I THINK THATS WHERE THE problem exists. You will say it regular college, but they know u attend courses online and go to the college once a semister. And doing the day CPT in that college with PhD, raise the question that how u doing ur cpt and Thesis works of PhD at same time, and he don,t have income to support, even his wife has bank statement of enough money from India.

Comment

• shai9212
              • Mar 2019

Originally posted by spaidimarry View Post
              Hi all,

I came to USA on June 29 2014 for Masters in Health care, after coming here I have shifted to MSMIS in the same University, (National University, San Diego) and successfully completed my masters and participated in OPT program for 2.10 years, during this period my H1B is not picked up, finally joined Ph.D. in Information technology (university of Cumberlands), one month before the end of OPT period. I am working on CPT now, few days back my wife and 4 years kid appeared for F2 visa interview with all the required documents.

VO: you are not eligible for this vis, please go through the reason in the document 214b.

I want to plan for second visa interview, can you please guide me what needs to be provided to show them that we are not potential immigrants ? ideal time frame to appear for second interview ? Any anticipated interrogative questions and possible answers for the same. I really need advice in this regard, hoping for a reply.

Thank you.
              Hi I am also in same situation as you . Can I have your contact so that I can call you . Where was your interview first location

Comment

• forall
                • May 2016

Originally posted by spaidimarry View Post
                Hi all,

Thank you.
                There are 2 things that weaken case-one is college/course and 2nd could be job answer.
                Since college reputation is more towards cpt they could reject but also have views on job related reply... below are my two cents...
                On cpt we are interns and not employees of any organisation....purpose of internship is to learn and gain real time experience....so on cpt we are doing internship and not proper job... regd income since it is internship.. it cant be considered stable job income

Comment

• jagadeesh1
                  • Jul 2016

I was in same situation last year. My wife’s f-2 visa got rejected two times with 214-b reason. Fortunately it got approved on 3rd attempt. I submitted same documents every time. You need to convince the visa officer that you do not have any immigration intention. Be confident and do your best. PM me with any other questions

Comment

Working...
                  X