Thread: Is there a chance to come back to USA

Is there a chance to come back to USA

Hi i have done my masters and completed with my OPT and returned back to India by Jan 2018. I still have VALID VISA until aug 2020. Is there a chance to come back to USA. Will be waiting for your reply. Thank you in advance.

Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1/posts/2519262034757817 on 26th December - Please review comments from other users

Sevis would have been completed by now .Though you have visa you may not be able to comeback

Quote Originally Posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin View Post
    Hi i have done my masters and completed with my OPT and returned back to India by Jan 2018. I still have VALID VISA until aug 2020. Is there a chance to come back to USA. Will be waiting for your reply. Thank you in advance.
    F-1 Visa, even though the stamping says Aug 2020, is valid only until for the Duration of Stay (or D/S). As soon as the OPT ends, your SEVIS will be terminated and the D/S will too. The CBP will validate your Visa status at the port of entry by looking up your SEVIS information and you won't be allowed to enter if it's terminated. If you want to come to the USA, it should be on any other Visa.