Thread: Arrest record for shop lifting

Arrest record for shop lifting

Hey my name is xxx Iam having a arrest record for shop lifting I was released in 2 hrs & no chargers filled & I got a job too so if go to India can I renter & what does the immigration officer checks & if he asks I can explain him but my question is that whether he lets me in or out

Thank you much appreciated

Your message was posted anonymously on our https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1/posts/2452134838137204 on 7th November - Please review comments from other users

I doubt if anyone is going to answer that based on "limited experienced people" with this kind of problems. Also a lawyer would be better solution than a public forum

And yes there would be problem if the cops have your finger prints, and legal name with residential address etc.

Hi,

Firstly do not panic, stay clam and do not discuss everything with all your friends. You cannot expect right answer. Do not talk to cops anymore if you've already spoken to them that's fine we cannot change that. YOU HAVE RIGHT NOT TO TALK OR ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

Even none of the lawyer can guarantee you the outcome of the case even after its filed. Do not leave the country, you will never be able to return. If you were in Police Station they will already have your personal information and I'm assuming that you were not sent to corrections, if yes, do not worry, they should have your finger prints.

The case could be filed anytime even after couple of months, the time frame give by cops is not necessary correct. You record is good and based on info provided your background shld be clear. Keep checking your mail for summons, you may not have more than 2 weeks to appear to court and find an attorney. Make sure you do not discuss your visa status, in case bail is required you it will be higher amount.

Next steps: Explain this to known or referred lawyers or find best lawyers in your area. Keep in touch. You can hire now or once case is filed.

When the case is filed it could be felony(serious crime) or misdemeanor based on various reasons. Your lawyer has to do his best get down the charges at very low as possible. If its not felony, more likely you are fine.

THIS IS BASED ON JUST ASSUMPTION OF WHAT YOU'VE POSTED. EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT AND NOTHING CAN BE PREDICTED. Stay strong, best of luck.