• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

EAD card

I have applied for EAD card in March 2018 (with July 12th, 2018 as OPT start date) and used my university's International Student and Scholar Services's address to receive the card. USCIS delivered the EAD card to my university on May 14th, though they(my university) have sent me an email asking me to come and collect my EAD card, it was missing when i showed up there few days later. Since its their mistake, they have reapplied it for me in the month of June and the USCIS department received this application on June 25th. But the OPT start date was the same (as suggested by USCIS). As a OPT candidate, I must submit my employer details in the SEVP portal within first 90 days from OPT start date to stop the limited unemployment days(to avoid invalid F1 status), but i can do that only with the EAD card in my hand. The current processing time for EAD application is 3 to 5 months and i'm worried whether i'll receive my card before October 8th or not. What will be my situation if I don’t receive it by October 8th.
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

Your message was posted anonymously on our https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1/posts/2389297204420968 on 25th September - Please review comments from other users

Comment

Working...
    X