• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

Planning to apply for post completion OPT

Hey, I have a question, I am currently on F1 Visa and I'm finishing my associative degree next semester. I am planning to apply for post completion opt and work after getting my associative degree. My question is, is it possible to finish 12 months of post completion opt then transfer to another school to begin my bachelor's program?? Is it legal or am I gonna be denied transfer?
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1/posts/2342087055808650 23rd August - Please review comments from other users

Comment

• lisaanderson
      • Jan 2014

You’re not applying for a “transfer.” Once you complete your Associate’s Degree, you’re working on OPT, you can apply to Bachelor’s degree programs. If accepted, you will be given a new I-20. You should speak with the DSO to make sure that any gap between the end of the OPT and the start of the Bachelor’s program is permissible.

Comment

• sindhupriyab16@gmail.com
        • Sep 2018

Hello we have openings for OPT students for training and placement, if you have any contacts kindly share my number 908-982-4358

Comment

Working...
        X