Thread: My I-94 was/is valid till Oct 2019

My I-94 was/is valid till Oct 2019

My I-94 was/is valid till Oct 2019 with Emp A. Emp B filed H1B Transfer under Regular Process & I started working based on "Receipt" starting July 2018. In August got a RFE which Attorney responded to in Nov 2017 On 14 July 2018 I saw USCIS website that the case was Denied. Attorney said Physical copy not in hand yet and upon receipt I will need to stop working for Emp B and leave USA ASAP. Emp B planning to start new H1B petition under Consular Process with Premium Process. I confirmed that the old Emp A has not revoked my H1B.

Questions:
    1. I believe I cannot go back & work with Emp A because there's gap of about 5 months in payroll. Is that right? If no, what's the option?

2. Do I get the 60 days Grace Period staring date of H1B Transfer Denial for Emp B?

--- (a) If yes, then do I really need to leave the country?

--- (b) If no, is that because I was working with Emp B based on Receipt?

3. If I do get 60 days Grace Period then can I start working again as soon as I get Receipt of new H1B petition or do I have to wait till the Approval.

4. While I am staying out of USA can I continue to work for Employer B and get paid here in USA?

5. Now i have job offer from EMp C, waiting for joining date. Totally confused, need really good suggestions here. Thank you in advance

Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1/posts/2213623695321654 19th June - Please review comments from other users

Quote Originally Posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin View Post
    My I-94 was/is valid till Oct 2019 with Emp A. Emp B filed H1B Transfer under Regular Process & I started working based on "Receipt" starting July 2018. In August got a RFE which Attorney responded to in Nov 2017 On 14 July 2018 I saw USCIS website that the case was Denied. Attorney said Physical copy not in hand yet and upon receipt I will need to stop working for Emp B and leave USA ASAP. Emp B planning to start new H1B petition under Consular Process with Premium Process. I confirmed that the old Emp A has not revoked my H1B.

Questions:
    1. I believe I cannot go back & work with Emp A because there's gap of about 5 months in payroll. Is that right? If no, what's the option?

2. Do I get the 60 days Grace Period staring date of H1B Transfer Denial for Emp B?

--- (a) If yes, then do I really need to leave the country?

3. If I do get 60 days Grace Period then can I start working again as soon as I get Receipt of new H1B petition or do I have to wait till the Approval.

4. While I am staying out of USA can I continue to work for Employer B and get paid here in USA?

5. Now i have job offer from EMp C, waiting for joining date. Totally confused, need really good suggestions here. Thank you in advance

Nope you cannot work

2. Do I get the 60 days Grace Period staring date of H1B Transfer Denial for Emp B? No you wont get 60 days

--- (a) If yes, then do I really need to leave the country? Yes you have to leave country immediately as you are out of status.

You will not get 60 days as your h1b has been denied.

No you cannot. You will be trouble if they run payroll when you are out of status.

My opinion is you file a fresh h1b with premium and consular processing. Leave US as soon as you get a copy of denial and attend consular processing in home country with new h1b.

Please Verify your dates and repost the Question