Thread: My H1B has got selected

My H1B has got selected

I am currently on Stem opt with a desi consultant. I am on a project through a vendor on client site. The desi consultancy has applied for my H1B and has got selected in lottery. When I joined the consultancy I had a one year contract which says I have to be on project for a year. I will be completing that in a week and client wants to hire me. Is there a way to get out of consultancy as my contract it over yet they have applied for my H1B? How to deal with vendor in this case? Please advise.

Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1/posts/2160355943981763 on 11th May - Please review comments from other users

Quote Originally Posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin View Post
    I am currently on Stem opt with a desi consultant. I am on a project through a vendor on client site. The desi consultancy has applied for my H1B and has got selected in lottery. When I joined the consultancy I had a one year contract which says I have to be on project for a year. I will be completing that in a week and client wants to hire me. Is there a way to get out of consultancy as my contract it over yet they have applied for my H1B? How to deal with vendor in this case? Please advise.
    You can leave your consultancy at any time. If you want your h1b you have to wait till it is approved.