Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: H1B approved with university of the cumberlands on day1 CPT?

  1. #1

    H1B approved with university of the cumberlands on day1 CPT?


    My H1b on second masters was not approved, so planning to quite and take new masters at university of the cumberlands for day1 CPT, if I plan to apply H1b next year, will there be any complications about the university and is the university accredited?


  2. #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours.

    SEARCH: Your question might be answered earlier, search previous post at

    ATTORNEY: In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

    Please let us know your feedback after the call.

    JOBS: review FAQ number 5 & 8 at

    NEWSLETTER: *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at *** Classified portal exclusive for F1 Students

    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT

    INVITE FRIENDS: Feel this community useful, then invite your friends by following below steps

    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

  3. #3
    Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at on 29th march - Please review comments from other users

  4. #4
    University of Cumberlands is accredited till now if you apply genaral quota then H1B completely depends on your job and your company there is nothing related to university

  5. #5
    Yes I heard of one more case like you. Yes SO , according to USCIS, practical training for STEM is allowed for 36 months and non-stem is 12 months in total at one degree level (which in your case is masters). IF the CPT is on same level after using all OPT possible then you are exceeding that limit. So if you had to do CPT and if it was PHD then it wouldn't matter but not on same level. This is new and it happened only this year. Even if you do phd now and then be on CPT still it would not work as you already used unauthorized CPT. The only solution out of it it consult immigration lawyer and then probably take it to court. I don't see other option if want to legally live on long term

  6. #6
    This is correct. There is no connection between university with CPT and H1B. 99% it depends on how your attorney files your case. USCIS cannot stop you with respect to your education.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts