DesiOPTForumAdmin

5 Things You Need to Know About New I-94

Rate this Entry
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=5][COLOR=#0000ff][B][FONT=comic sans ms] 5 Things You Need to Know About New I-94 [/FONT][/B] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][COLOR=#0000cd]OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ employers [/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]What is an I-94? [/FONT][/SIZE][/B]The I-94 is the Arrival / Departure Record, in either paper or electronic format, issued by a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer to foreign visitors entering the United States. After April 30, 2013, most Arrival/Departure records will be created electronically upon arrival. Instead of a paper form, the visitor will be provided with an annotated stamp in the foreign passport. More at: http://1.usa.gov/NlkcdJ

[B][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]What is the I-94 Automation?[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]
[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]In an attempt to increase efficiency and stream line the admission process for the traveling public, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has developed an automated I-94 system.

The new automated process uses data CBP collects to create an electronic version of the paper I-94. The electronic version is available immediately. The automated system will generate an electronic arrival record with data elements found on the current paper Form I-94; however, the electronic I-94 number will not be known to the traveler. Travelers will go to a website (www.cbp.gov/i94) to obtain the electronic I-94 number if they need it. More at: http://1.usa.gov/1hVGBaZ

[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][B][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]I can't locate my I-94 online.What should I do?[/FONT][/SIZE]

[/B][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Once you arrive US, locate and print your I-94 and verify to make sure the information is correct.

Many foreign national travelers are encountering difficulties in locating and printing the Form I-94 via CBP's online information system.

If you tried to retrieve your I-94 from the cbp.gov online system and you receive a response that your I-94 is "Not Found", please read the following questions to help you check for mistakes and try to enter the information again:

1. Did you enter your first and last name the same way it appears on your passport? Please do not use dashes or titles.
2. Did you enter the passport number that appears on the upper right hand side of your passport?
3. Did you enter your country of citizenship (country that issued the passport, not where you currently live)?
4. Under Class of Admission, did you enter the visa classification that appears on your U.S. visa OR, if you are traveling under the visa waiver program (VWP) enter WT/WB?
5. If you entered your first and middle name and it is not found, try one name or the other. Also try entering your first and middle name in the first name box.
6. Try entering either your most recent date of entry or your original date of entry into the U.S.

More at: CPB.Gov
Other Suggestions: http://bit.ly/1kptm79
[B]
What if you Still can't find I-94 form?[/B]

If you still cannot find your I-[I]94[/I], please contact your nearest* Customs and Border Protection Deferred Inspection Site and a CBP Officer will be able to assist you.

[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][B]I-94 Retrieval tool[/B]
Foreign visitors to the U.S. arriving via air or sea no longer need to complete paper Customs and Border Protection Form I-94 or I-94W.
If travelers need the information from their Form I-94 admission record to verify immigration status or employment authorization, the record number and other admission information is available through a retrieval tool. More: CPB.gov

[B]I-94 Frequently Asked Questions
[/B]
What information can I obtain from the website?
Where does the travel history come from?
What records can I access?
How does CBP document SEVIS records?
Can I obtain travel records for previous or expired passports?
What do I need to do if my departure information is incorrect or inaccurate?
How long will my admission record be available on the I-94 website?
Will the I-94 automation process help eliminate errors? If information on the I-94 is in error, how does the traveler correct mistakes?
Will CBP provide a traveler with any documentation or evidence showing status and time allowed in the U.S.?

[/FONT][/SIZE][B][COLOR=#0000cd]OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ employers [/COLOR][/B]

Updated 02-12-2015 at 11:39 PM by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Can you please charge the black bac m ground...it's hard to read
    Thanks for your feedback. we are not sure which black background you are referring to - can you please send us screenshot
    Unlike last year now every month they are generating new i94 form which is valid for only a month!