DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin

USCIS Completes the H-1B Cap Random Selection Process for FY 2016

Rate this Entry
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]USCIS Completes the H-1B Cap Random Selection Process for FY 2016

[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=3][B][B][B][URL="http://desiopt.com/myjobs/signup.php"][COLOR=#008080]OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ employers[/COLOR][/URL]
[/B][/B][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on April 7, 2015 that it has received enough H-1B petitions to reach the statutory cap of 65,000 visas for fiscal year (FY) 2016. USCIS has also received more than the limit of 20,000 H-1B petitions filed under the advanced degree exemption, also known as the masters cap.

[COLOR=#0000ff]USCIS received nearly 233,000 H-1B petitions during the filing period,[/COLOR] which began April 1, including petitions filed for the advanced degree exemption. On April 13, USCIS used a computer-generated random selection process, or lottery, to select enough petitions to meet the 65,000 general-category cap and the 20,000 cap under the advanced degree exemption. USCIS will reject and return all unselected petitions with their filing fees, unless the petition is found to be a duplicate filing.

The agency conducted the selection process for the advanced degree exemption first. All unselected advanced degree petitions then became part of the random selection process for the 65,000 limit.

As announced on March 12, 2015, USCIS will begin premium processing for H-1B cap cases no later than May 11, 2015.

USCIS will continue to accept and process petitions that are otherwise exempt from the cap. Petitions filed on behalf of current H-1B workers who have been counted previously against the cap will also not be counted towards the congressionally mandated FY 2016 H-1B cap. USCIS will continue to accept and process petitions filed to:

Extend the amount of time a current H-1B worker may remain in the United States;
Change the terms of employment for current H-1B workers;
Allow current H-1B workers to change employers; and
Allow current H-1B workers to work concurrently in a second H-1B position.
U.S. businesses use the H-1B program to employ foreign workers in occupations that require highly specialized knowledge in fields such as science, engineering, and computer programming.

For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit [url]www.uscis.gov[/url] or follow us on Twitter (@uscis), YouTube (/uscis) and the USCIS blog The Beacon.

[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=3][B][B][B][URL="http://desiopt.com/myjobs/signup.php"][COLOR=#008080]OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ employers[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/B][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The number keeps increasing every year!!!!!!
    All the criminals who filed multiple petitions can have the final laugh.
    [QUOTE=DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan;bt524]All the criminals who filed multiple petitions can have the final laugh.[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration buddy.. End of the day it's is uscis that should amend the law...all the people who did multiple filings are at least proving uscis that they are filing legally. There is nothing like correct or wrong or ethic or unethical. All is matters is a H1 and dual applications sometimes can't assure you a VISA. Anyways take it easy.
    http://wh.gov/iZAhc
    All the students who have filed multiple petitions should be barred from filing h1 for life as soon as they are caught.No questions entertained.
    [QUOTE=DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan;bt527]All the students who have filed multiple petitions should be barred from filing h1 for life as soon as they are caught.No questions entertained.[/QUOTE]

All the students who have filed multiple petitions should be barred from filing h1 for life as soon as they are caught.No questions entertained.
    http://wh.gov/iZAhc
    [QUOTE=DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan;bt528]All the students who have filed multiple petitions should be barred from filing h1 for life as soon as they are caught.No questions entertained.[/QUOTE]

Wish that happens bro.
    [QUOTE=DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan;bt525]I understand your frustration buddy.. End of the day it's is uscis that should amend the law...all the people who did multiple filings are at least proving uscis that they are filing legally. There is nothing like correct or wrong or ethic or unethical. All is matters is a H1 and dual applications sometimes can't assure you a VISA. Anyways take it easy.[/QUOTE]

not all multiple petitions are wrong.. there are people with genuine multiple full time offers from different companies who have filed for h1...
    [QUOTE=DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan;bt525]I understand your frustration buddy.. End of the day it's is uscis that should amend the law...all the people who did multiple filings are at least proving uscis that they are filing legally. There is nothing like correct or wrong or ethic or unethical. All is matters is a H1 and dual applications sometimes can't assure you a VISA. Anyways take it easy.[/QUOTE]

oh then wht will happen if all gets picked in the lottery? You gonna work at all the companies for 168hrs per week?
    Thats about 24% ..this is crazy..
    Does anyone know , when would USCIS start notifying us about results?

not all multiple petitions are wrong.. there are people with genuine multiple full time offers from different companies who have filed for h1...

oh then wht will happen if all gets picked in the lottery? You gonna work at all the companies for 168hrs per week?

This is in reply to your above comment "Iyer Ranjith: oh then wht will happen if all gets picked in the lottery? You gonna work at all the companies for 168hrs per week?"

If multiple applications get picked, then the employee will have the option to choose any one of employer. The rest of petitions will be withdrawn.

thats not my question. All withdrawn slots will not be given to some genuine applicants who are behind and haven't had thr luck in the lottery. Im glad all you criminals are getting exposed finally.

Well, you asked a question and I replied. Now you are saying thats not your question and also something irrelevant. All the best, get well soon.

if you can't comprehend wht I just said then why bother posting some crap? Oh btw, hw much you paid to fake consultancies for your multiple H1 petitions?

If you consider what I post here is a crap, better ignore it and move on. I believe what you posted here is crap. BTW, I don't need one. I already have H1 and my employer paid for it. Thanks for your concern and mind that this forum is to help others but not to blame.

Yet you fail to answer my question and want to side with criminals. Good job!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast