DesiOPTForumAdmin

Program Extension on F1 Visa

Rate this Entry
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=4][B]Program Extension on F1 Visa[/B][/SIZE]

Info on Program Extension on F1 visa[/FONT][/SIZE]
[LIST][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]When determining the program completion date on Form I-20, the DSO should make a reasonable estimate based upon the time an average student would need to complete a similar program in the same discipline[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Program extension for students in lawful status . An F-1 student who is unable to meet the program completion date on the Form I-20 may be granted an extension by the DSO if the DSO certifies that the student has continually maintained status and that the delays are caused by compelling academic or medical reasons, such as changes of major or research topics, unexpected research problems, or documented illnesses. Delays caused by academic probation or suspension are not acceptable reasons for program extensions.[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms] A DSO may not grant an extension if the student did not apply for an extension until after the program end date noted on the Form I-20. An F-1 student who is unable to complete the educational program within the time listed on Form I-20 and who is ineligible for program extension pursuant to this paragraph (f)(7) is considered out of status. If eligible, the student may apply for reinstatement under the provisions of paragraph (f)(16) of this section.[/FONT][/SIZE][*][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms] For a school enrolled in SEVIS, a DSO may grant a program extension only by updating SEVIS and issuing a new Form I-20 reflecting the current program end date. A DSO may grant an extension any time prior to the program end date listed on the student's original Form I-20.[/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]
[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]
More at : http://1.usa.gov/17RK4XV[/FONT][/SIZE]
Tags: f1 visa, opt Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments