International Students And Social Security Numbers

Rate this Entry
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000CD]OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ employers [/COLOR]

[SIZE=4][B]What is Social Security Number?[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms]Are you temporarily in the United States to attend a college, language, vocational or non academic school with a non immigrant [B]F-1[/B] , [B]M-1[/B] or [B]J-1[/B] student classification? Your school may ask you for your Social Security number.
Some colleges and schools use Social Security numbers as student identification numbers. If you do not have a Social Security number, the college or school should be able to give you another identification number.

[B]What is SSN and why you need it?[/B]

[LIST][*]Social Security numbers generally are assigned to people who are authorized to work in the United States.[*]Social Security numbers are used to report your wages to the government and to determine eligibility for Social Security benefits.[*]Social Security will not assign you a number just to enroll in a college or school.[/LIST]

[B]What do I have to do to work in the United States?[/B]
[B]How do I apply for a Social Security number?[/B]
[B]Do I need a Social Security number before I start working?[/B]
[B]Contacting Social Security[/B]

[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms]Learn more about these topics [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#0000CD]OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ employers[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Updated 06-18-2014 at 11:01 AM by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags


  1. rickcompetent's Avatar
    Hi All,

    Great News for OPT,CPT,EAD(H4 & L2) consultants!!

    We have great opportunities for qualified profiles for our Clients.

    Please share your updated resume & Contact Info to do call us on 678 359 3733 for further info.


    Rick Bernaurd