What if USCIS denies my application for post-completion OPT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

What if USCIS denies my application for post-completion OPT ?

What if USCIS denies my application for post-completion OPT ? Will I get any grace period to re-instate my status ? What are possible things that I can do to maintain my status?

My pre-completion OPT was approved until May, 2013. I graduated in December, 2012 earlier than expected. My DSO was trying to recommend the dates for post-completion OPT in SEVIS but she was not able to do so because my approved pre-completion OPT dates were overlapping with post-completion OPT dates. USCIS asked me to send the application without the I-20 and later they denied it saying no I-20 was found in the application. SEVIS contacted USCIS for my case and some how USCIS re-opened my case saying that they made a wrong decision and requested for an evidence(I-20) and asked me to submit the evidence before April 6, 2013.

My DSO asked SEVIS to open a ticket to do a data fix for my case on January 7, 2012. It has been over 2 months and my deadline to submit the I-20 is approaching. I'm not sure if the SEVIS is going to fix it before April 6, 2013. USCIS is saying that if they do not receive the I-20 before April 6, 2013 they'll adjudicate a decision on my case which would be ofcourse denial again. My question is how do I maintain my status after April 6, 2013. Will I get any grace period to maintain my status. Please folks need your valuable suggestions to get through this horrible situation. Do I need to contact any immigration lawyer right now or just wait and watch until April 6, 2013. What is average processing time taken by SEVIS to do a datafix ?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on march 13th 2013
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    • Mar 2013

please have the ticket open ASAP and contact any immi lawyer right away. since you have very less time.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
      Administrator
      • Mar 2013

DesiOPT has collaborated with 3 Attorneys, they are listed on the website. You can register and send emails for faster response. In addition you can call them as well.

Comment

• advadl
        • Jul 2013

Did you receive any notice from USCIS then? Is your OPT approved. What are your next

Originally posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin View Post
        What if USCIS denies my application for post-completion OPT ? Will I get any grace period to re-instate my status ? What are possible things that I can do to maintain my status?

My pre-completion OPT was approved until May, 2013. I graduated in December, 2012 earlier than expected. My DSO was trying to recommend the dates for post-completion OPT in SEVIS but she was not able to do so because my approved pre-completion OPT dates were overlapping with post-completion OPT dates. USCIS asked me to send the application without the I-20 and later they denied it saying no I-20 was found in the application. SEVIS contacted USCIS for my case and some how USCIS re-opened my case saying that they made a wrong decision and requested for an evidence(I-20) and asked me to submit the evidence before April 6, 2013.

My DSO asked SEVIS to open a ticket to do a data fix for my case on January 7, 2012. It has been over 2 months and my deadline to submit the I-20 is approaching. I'm not sure if the SEVIS is going to fix it before April 6, 2013. USCIS is saying that if they do not receive the I-20 before April 6, 2013 they'll adjudicate a decision on my case which would be ofcourse denial again. My question is how do I maintain my status after April 6, 2013. Will I get any grace period to maintain my status. Please folks need your valuable suggestions to get through this horrible situation. Do I need to contact any immigration lawyer right now or just wait and watch until April 6, 2013. What is average processing time taken by SEVIS to do a datafix ?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on march 13th 2013

Comment

Working...
        X