Is it possible to do two jobs in Summer Time- On Campus and Off Campus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

Is it possible to do two jobs in Summer Time- On Campus and Off Campus?

I am currently on F1 visa, graduating soon. I would like to work part time (20hours/week) off campus and currently I am working 20hours/ on campus. I would like to work 40 hours per week in summer. Is it possible to do two jobs in summer time? Thanks so much.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on July 8th 2013
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    • Mar 2013

Depends on the university. I am working 55 hrs/week. 20 on campus and 35 as CPT. Get in touch with your international services office, they'll tell you if the university has any restrictions

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
      • Mar 2013

Now you should not talk about off campus legally...people will throw you

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
        • Mar 2013

It is not possible and advisable.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
          Administrator
          • Mar 2013

As per the reader- Off Campus is the CPT Employment.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
            • Mar 2013

It depends on university mate...some universities won't allow you to do two jobs and some allow. Once contact career services department in your school

Comment

• Chiranth
              • Aug 2013

Students on F1 visa are not allowed to work off-campus during their first academic year. However, you can seek off-campus employment, after the completion of your first academic year, and you can take up Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
              Optional Practical Training (OPT) (pre-completion or post-completion) and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Optional Practical Training Extension (OPT). However, students on M-1 visa (vocational or other nonacademic programs) are allowed to take up practical training only after the completion of their course. Also note, the employment you choose must be authorized by the Designated School Official (DSO) and needs to be related to their area of study.

Comment

Working...
              X