View Full Version : Can I Reenter with a valid visa from Undergrad for my masters?

06-04-2014, 11:58 PM
I am in F1 status. I have a valid visa until January 2015. I graduated in May 2013. My OPT is getting over in June 2014 and I have a new I-20 for my Masters. If I travel outside of US, do I need to go to the embassy for a new visa for my Masters or can I reenter with the visa I have until Jan 2015 (even though the university name on the visa is different)?

06-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
*** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at http://bit.ly/1da2vrz ***
If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
3. If you can't find the link, refer http://bit.ly/16CAYOb

In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on http://desiopt.com/ home page.
we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

Disclaimer: http://bit.ly/163AglR

06-09-2014, 04:16 AM
I guess you can re-enter if your SEVIS is transferred.

06-09-2014, 04:17 AM
1 nope
2in u r case yes .. But if u stay out of country for more than 5 months then no ..

06-09-2014, 04:17 AM
No prob for re-entry unless u are away for more than 5months. Good luck

06-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (June 6th)