PDA

View Full Version : I am fresher and I don't know anything about CPT- What should be my next steps?

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
09-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Recently I got visa for Coleman university. My course is MIS. Presently I am in India and coming to US on 2nd of Sep to San Diego. I need information regarding CPT. First of all I am fresher and I don't know anything about CPT. My university allow to work 40 hours per week. What should be my next steps?

This was posted https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on 28th August 2013

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
09-02-2013, 03:33 AM
CPT is Curriculum Practical Training which means you can work full time (an an intern pr co-op) while you are studying i.e before completing your course...and Similarly there is OPT Optional Practical training i.e once you complete your course you have to apply for your OPT Card i.e EAD to work.. i.e for 1 year and if your course is under STEM then you get an extension i.e OPT Stem Extension i.e for another 17 months... I hope this clears your doubt...

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
09-02-2013, 03:34 AM
hello how i find my course is under stem(i asked you personally is my course is under stem)My course is (MIS)MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM( coleman university)

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
09-02-2013, 03:35 AM
Ignore and complete your MS genuinely so that you don't have to blogging on pages like these in future

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
09-02-2013, 03:35 AM
CPT start after 9 months of education in USA. So finish some study before u apply for it

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
09-02-2013, 03:36 AM
Before all this. 1st enter into states and then you can take your mates help!!!!

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
09-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Focus on studies/course selection if your major is already decided. All these stuffs matter at a later point.

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
09-02-2013, 03:39 AM
Q. What is a CIP code? How do I know if my degree has an eligible CIP code? What if my degree CIP code is not on the “eligible” list? How can I get my CIP code changed to make me eligible? I took a lot of science courses; is that enough to be eligible for the extra 17 months?
A. CIP codes are a U.S. Department of Education (DoEd) categorization of educational programs in the U.S. Universities assign CIP codes to degrees according to the DoEd list. The federal government and educational programs use the CIP codes for a wide array of reporting and record-keeping purposes. A current listing can be found at: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/stemlist.htm.

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
09-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Do not work more than 20 hrs/week at least not for more than 8 months , if u want opt for a year