PDA

View Full Version : My university only allows Part- Time CPT. How can I work Full time during Fall

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
08-12-2013, 11:04 AM
My university only allows Part- Time CPT. How can I work Full time during Fall and Spring semester?

Hey I am a Graduate student and I am currently working as a summer intern.The company I work for wants me to extend my stay till December and work full-time for them, but my university only allows part time CPT during Fall and Spring. What is the best solution because its a great opportunity and I don't want to leave it.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on August 7th 2013

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
08-12-2013, 11:05 AM
If you're done with your coursework and are only enrolled for thesis hours you are eligible for fulltime CPT. however, the time you utilize here will be compensated with your OPT. If you still have coursework left, you'll not be eligible for fulltime CPT. If your university is not allowing fulltime CPT during the Fall and Spring semester and you are done with your coursework as stated earlier, you can apply for Pre-completion OPT...

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
08-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I have three courses left for the last semester...1 would be the internship course and 2 others

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
08-12-2013, 11:06 AM
You cannot work on fulltime OPT then...

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
08-12-2013, 11:07 AM
No university allows you to work Full time during the CPT. if you do so forget about OPT

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
08-12-2013, 11:07 AM
does full time spring or fall CPT (less than 12 months )will make ineligible for OPT

DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
08-12-2013, 11:08 AM
that's not allowed actually. That's violation of F-1 rules