Graduating in June. F1 Visa Expires in July. After OPT approves and with Job offer, c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

Graduating in June. F1 Visa Expires in July. After OPT approves and with Job offer, c

Hi i had a question and hoping Desi Opt would help me find the Answer.I got a F1 Visa for the exact duration of my programme. i will be graduating in June and in July My F1 visa expires. i am aware that i can stay in US even though my visa expires.
    My query is that suppose my OPT gets approved and i also get a job offer, but i wish to go back to India for few days before i start working. will i be allowed to re-enter based on my OPT and job offer even though my visa has expired? If not then is there something i can do from India to re-enter US? Thank You.
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    • Mar 2013

you need to have visa restamped, if ur visa is expired. And it is a bit risky choice.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
      • Mar 2013

if you have your OPT approved, you will have an employment authorization card. with such a card, you can reenter the country even if your I-20 expires. Assuming the visa on your passport hasn't expired. basically the EAD replaces the I-20. You are still a student - your status has changed from full-time student (I-20) to paid training (OPT with EAD).

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
        • Mar 2013

To reenter USA you need to have valid unexpired visa, you will have to renew your visa if you travel.....you will have to renew your F1 visa and it will be difficult as you are done with your programme already. Best option is to get job and apply for H1B till than avoid international travel.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
          • Mar 2013

travelling on OPT is not at all advised..!!

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
            • Mar 2013

Go for F1 stamping with updated i20 and employer letter. I believe this is a risk. You need to have a valid visa to enter into the country.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
              • Mar 2013

It's better not to travel on opt....there are people who faced bitter experiences when they travelled during their opt period....

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                • Mar 2013

U need to attend the interview again in India for f1 visa.. Which is so risky... With out a valid visa.. U cannot enter in to USA at any cost ...so better don't risky Ur future ... Stay cool ... If der is any emergency to travel.. Means carry all the required documents for visa interview in India .....

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                  • Mar 2013

It is clearly mentioned in the OPT card on the front side not for valud re entry to US

Comment

Working...
                  X